Prologue

Prologue

Dakota was having an amazing summer.

She was able to do so much more than she originally thought she would, in-fact she had an old  list of things that she's always wanted to do. When she was held captive by the Argents she kept a journal and in it was her dreams and wishes.

And one of her wishes was to be a normal teenager like she saw on the tv shows and movies when she was a kid. And while she definitely wasn't normal, she was still a rebel teenager like she always wanted to be.

It really helped being  in a pack of other rule breakers who were always up for some trouble.

She spent most of the three months getting kicked out of places, for example they were always in the arcade till super late, and they would've gotten kicked out of the ice rink if it weren't for the fact that Stiles had keys that he copied from a time when Boyd gave him the keys.

They also snuck into a strip club in Vegas, how they didn't get arrested she's not sure but it was probably one of the best nights of her life. You get a real adrenaline rush when you're running from security guards.

Sometimes the pack would spend sunrise to sundown at the beach, they would just run around in the sand, eat shit on the waves as they tried to learn to surf because she'd always wanted to try it, or they would just sit in a circle and talk about anything under the night sky until it was time to head back to Beacon Hills.

And other times when it wasn't just the pack, it was her and Stiles.

Stiles walk into her room in the middle of the night and wake her up with his backpack on his shoulder and fully clothed, he would tell her they're going on an adventure and she'd immediately get dressed and toss a bunch of shit into her backpack.

Then they'd sneak out of the house and out of Beacon Hills.

Sometimes they would have a specific place in mind, other times Stiles would just drive her car (because yes Dakota can finally drive now!) in whatever direction he said felt right and they would spend the time running around, exploring, and just having fun together.

When they had the time it was very obvious that Stiles was a big fan of dates. He liked sneaking into movie theaters, shitty games of bowling because they're both terrible at it, dinners at fancy restaurants and then getting kicked out because they're both being too loud, and Dakota's personal favorite.

Midnight swims at motel pools, skinny dipping is always a must.

In conclusion, she was having a blast.

And though she was sad that summer was coming to an end she was really excited for her senior year. Unlike the first time she came to the high school she actually had friends, her pack by her side as she started the new school year.

And she couldn't wait to see what the new school year held in store for herself and the ones around her who she's honored to call her family.

—————

Finally I write a prologue that's not a thousand plus words for once.

About damn time.

So yeah, that was Dakota's summer and now I feel really upset because my summer so far is just me working almost everyday.

That's it.

I hate it here, I'm living vicariously through my book oc's at this point.

Anyway, see you guys in the first chapter.

Mic