Chap 3

Chapter 3 Hot Chocolate with Marshmallows

He was walking in the hallway, lost with his questionable navigation skill, he finally encountered a person.

"Hey, you!"

-Eh? Eh?

The maid turned her head confused and gasped when she saw the figure.

-Young master Drake! H-how can I help you?

"Food. I want to eat."

-Oh...Oh! Then, I- I will prepare your lunch...

She tried to flee as if she doesn't want to be near him, but she was stopped.

"Wait."

-Hic!

"I will eat somewhere else."

-Eh? Do you prefer...to eat in another place? Where do you want to eat, young master?

That's my question, miss. I don't know where the hell I am. I just can't say "to the dining room" since that'll be suspicious considering this original owner has been living here his whole life yet still cant remembered the house.

And I've been walking in these endless circles tired and hungry. I can even eat you if I want to, that shows how hungry I am.

But I didn't say it out loud.

"Just choose a place with great scenery. Oh, don't forget to bring a hot chocolate drink with marshmallows."

-Yes, yes.

"Make it faster."

-Y-yes!!

After taking his order, she faced her back at him and run off as if her heels are on fire, she finally vanished from his eyesight.

As he stared at the empty hall, he realized he still didn't have any idea where he is.

Damn, I should have made her lead me to the place instead.

After walking for so long, he finally saw a large door and opened it. The scenery made him awed while looking at the beautiful vast garden. As if being purified with energy and washed the tiredness, he decided to stroll, enjoying the beautiful scenery he haven't seen in his past life.

While looking around, he saw his favorite flower orange lilies. His walk speed up and went towards it, but almost fell if he didn't stop after noticing a sleeping child on the ground.

"Who the fuck is this? Almost break my--"

-Mhmm...

The boy groaned, clearly disturbed from his sleep.

The appearance of the boy is neat even tho he was laying on the ground. He wore expensive clothes like him.

Both he and the younger boy stared at each other with squinted eyes, different reasons though, as the other was just woken up from his nap.

Who is this brat? Makes me want to beat up his face--

-Brother?

Huh?

Brother? Did he just call me brother?

-Why are you here?

"What? I should be the one asking you. Why are you laying on the ground?"

Flabbergasted by the question given back to him, he mumbled.

-I fell asleep, I didn't mean to. Please don't tell mother. I'll not do it again. I'm sorry. I--

Wow, a pushover.

He bend his knees and looked at him at the same eye level, the boy stopped talking and stared at his emotionless eyes.

"Who are you?"

Stunned by the question, his mouth gaped.

-You don't know me?

His hurt eyes are noticeable. He thought, 'Of course, he doesn't remember my name since I'm just an insignificant being in his eyes.'

"So? Did you become dumb?"

-I am--

-Young master Drake! Young master Gabriel! You are here, I've been finding you.

The maid he ordered to prepare his lunch interrupted their conversation.

"What?"

- We already prepared your lunch and how fortunate since the venue is near here in the garden. Oh, umm.. young master Gabriel...

Switching her gaze backs and forth to the two young lords, she then stays puts her eyes strongly on the older one, asking for help.

Annoyed by her clumsy actions, he put an end to this but not forgetting his facade. The original body is a noble, so it means he follows etiquette, which is a pain in the ass.

"Hey, Gabriel, join me in the lunch, if you want to tho."

--E-eh?

Both the other two stuttered from shock. Finally realizing his mistake.

Are these brothers enemies? It's common in an aristocratic family to fight for the heir, right?

Little did he know, that the younger brother suspects that there's something wrong with his brother. 'What is happening? Did he finally see me as a brother? What is he planning now? I thought he hate me, I don't understand.'

"Lead the way."

His voice made him went back from reality, out of his thoughts. He looked at him suspiciously, but he still followed him as he walked behind him.

Ah, shit. He's suspicious of me, I thought he was stupid, I guess not. I should not have invited him, it's only the first day and I was already caught. Damn, Drake.

The scenery the maid chose is simply beautiful, even tho she was in hurry. It took away his negative thoughts for a while. Their lunch was placed inside the cage-like pergola.

Their seats were placed face to face, and they eat in harmony, or what they want it to be. An awkward atmosphere Drake cannot tolerate, he decided to break the ice first.

"So, Gabriel, right?"

-Hm? Ah, yes, yes. I'm Gabriel.

"So, what do you think of me?"

If I ask him this, I will finally have a clue of who I am now.

However, the other was stupefied with his question as he doesn't know how to answer, thus, forgetting how to speak properly. He also realized that he was dumbfounded many times today.

- Brother is... Brother is...

He repeated the same thing many times, looking down on his plate and playing with his food.

Ahh... I wanna sew his mouth.

"Sigh, oi, brat. Look at their face if you are talking to someone. It is so irritating."

-Hic! I-

He hesitantly looked up but when he made eye contact with him, he dropped his head lower than before

"Sigh, just finish your food."

When he heard the sigh coming from his brother, he became more embarrassed and down but he continued to eat his food faster yet with elegance.

He stared at Gabriel and noticed their differences when he compared their appearances.  He has light navy hair and pink eyes, while his so-called "younger brother" has caramel hair and yellow eyes.

Is it because we are in another world like in animes? Or we are actually not brothers? Should I test it? But does it really matter?

After drinking the last sip of his hot chocolate drink, he stood up and left, leaving Gabriel with the maids.