Chap7

Chapter 7 Burn to a Crisp

- Fire! Fire!

- Go get the buckets!

- Faster! Extinguish the fire!

- Duke! Duke! The carriage is here!

- Duke Risen! The fire is coming from the young master's chamber!

A blazing fire that lightens up the night.
The big fire swallowing the whole second floor was found coming from the young master's chamber. Alarms, shouts, and footsteps are all the noises that can be heard. The maids and butlers evacuated and came out with bruises and ashes. Guards and other staff helped put off the big fire with buckets of water and hosts, but the fire is fighting off. The carriage where Duke was in, stopped abruptly when the knights ran towards them with distressing faces.

Chaos greeted the Duke the moment his foot stepped on his territory.

After listening to their reports, his eyes widen and shouted to rescue his son as soon as possible.

- Idiots!! Drake is supposed to be your most priority! Save him! Get his body dead or alive or else, I'll kill you myself!

- We've been trying, our Lord! The knights already went upstairs yet they haven't come down! Please wait a little longer!

- Wait?! The fire will not wait for you assholes! Do you want to be beheaded?

The other knights and standbys who heard his order hastily ran and planned to save the young master to avoid being killed by the guillotine.

His beloved son is trapped inside the fire.

.

In the bathroom of the chamber,

A soaked boy was clutching to himself in the bathtub filled with water.

I wish I have marshmallows and stick. I should have readied them earlier.

Damn, it's so suffocating and hot as hell, to burn my body in a closed room, so stupid of me. In the bathtub surrounded by fire, am I cooking myself?

He'll end up a burnt barbeque.

I should have just jumped on the window.

It is because I lost control of myself again.

Ahh... So dry...

I am about to lose consciousness... So stupid...

.
Before the fire swallowed the room,

Now... How to clean this mess?

He looked at the sliced corpse, laying on the bloodied bed.

He looked around to find something.

To tell the truth, he is not a smart guy, only has loose screws. The torture is the last part of his plan, it ended there so he does not know what to do next.

While thinking, his gaze landed on the candle, then a light bulb popped out of his head.

Aha!

As they say, hide a mess with a bigger mess!
Or is it just me who invented that?

Enjoying the night as he hums a lullaby song.
The moonbeams cast upon him, giving him a spotlight like on a stage, he moonwalked like M.J towards the table.

When he faced the table, his cat spirit awakened and knock the candle off the table

Hee hee~

The fire fell to the floor-length curtains and spread quickly inside the room.

He reached the doors to escape but he found out that the doorknob is broken.

Really? Right now?

He resorted to hiding in the bathroom to longer his life, or at least if he died, his body is still intact.

.
Thud.

Thud.

Thud.

I hear footsteps.

- Young master!

- Young master! Are you alright?!

The mighty heroes saved the day!

Ehem, the idiot!

They barged into his room and searched everywhere. What they entered in, the sight is a wrecked room with planks falling, angry fire spreading, and horrifying sounds of the fire raining. Fortunately, despite the roaring of the fire, they heard the leaking water coming from the bathroom door.  They destroyed the bathroom door blocked with cement and wooden planks and rescued the young master. It took them a while, but they managed to get their young master's body, which is barely alive.

.
According to the investigation of the accident last night, the young master was found hiding inside the bathroom. To further investigation, at first, it shows that the fire accident is an accident but then, the investigators found a lot of dried blood and damaged clothes that belong to a butler. It seems that the butler assigned to the young master, Edward, was dead before the accident. But how? What is the whole story behind the fire?

Hearing the report of the secretary, the Duke's frown got deeper.

- We'll know if we asked him.

.

▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫▫

Wassup peeps, I have sem break so I have time to take a breath.

And I definitely did not forget about this story...
Nope *averts eyes