02 | Friends to Enemies

WE MAKE OUR WAY to the dean's office, where the fight was going on

WE MAKE OUR WAY to the dean's office, where the fight was going on. It was on the third floor itself. The dean was a thirty-year old, self-centred and strict woman, as claimed by Divya on the way.

Jumana led us to an office which, I suppose, was the dean's office.

I see two girls sitting on the chairs facing the dean who was sitting across them, looking frustrated out of her mind. There were three girls standing behind the two girls as if they were their personal bodyguards or something.

We stood at the door of the office watching the drama unfold before us.

I observe the girl who was sitting on the left. She has blue streaks in her hair which is tied in a bun, two small tattoos on her left arm with a nose piercing and was dressed in black tights and tees. She sat with one of her legs up on her chair and the other down, as if she owned the place.

The other girl was dressed in a white tee under a floral denim jacket and blue denim jeans with daisies printed on it. She has her hair in a half ponytail with few strands of hair braided on the sides. Her appearance was more girly than the one with the blue streaks. I could sense thick tension between the two.

"My cupboard is not one of the doors to your fantasy barbie dream world. DO NOT EVER OPEN IT AGAIN", the blue streak-haired girl dead-pans.

The dean was painting her nails casually while she listened to them.

"Ma'am," the other girl said, looking at the dean, "I couldn't find my favourite pink tank top since morning. So I opened her cupboard to check. Big deal? I will check everyone's cupboard to search. I don't discriminate," The floral jacket-girl defends.

"But why would I take your tank top? On the top of it, which is pink. Ew,"she scrunches up her face in disgust.

"Because stealing other people's stuff makes up one of your primary personality traits", the floral girl snaps.

"Shut up, Vedika. You crave for attention all the time and that's why you must have planned this whole thing to blame me."

"You're so stupid!"

"Last time I checked, I wasn't a mirror. And plus, stop being offensive."

"Aww. I offended you with my opinions? You should hear the ones I keep to myself," Vedika snaps.

"You have your entire life to be a jerk. Why not take off today? Go get a life."

"You mean like yours? No thanks, I'll pass."

"Can't you just shut up? Where's your off button, huh?"

A girl from behind Vedika interrupts, "Listen guys, please stop fighting like kids. And Vedika, I—"

"Riya, don't interfere. I know Zivah very well and I know she stole my top. I'm not gonna leave her this time," Vedika says throwing another glare at Zivah but the girl named Riya continues, "Vedika, actually I have your pink tank top. You had given it to me, remember? When we were going for the concert."