09 | A Rejected Demand

"VEDIKA, THIS IS not fair, I want to be a part of this," I whine

"VEDIKA, THIS IS not fair, I want to be a part of this," I whine. "You can't do this to me."

The audition's selection list was out and my name wasn't there, as expected. And Kavya's name was on the top. I was really happy for her but, at the same time pissed at Vedika for not selecting me.

So here I was, in the college hallway, trying to convince her to select me. The fashion show didn't really mean a lot to me but I would get bored when Kavya went for the practices so I decided it's better to stick with her.

"For tenth time Divya, No!" Vedika shouts, shoving her books in the locker.

Yes, this college had lockers.

"But why?" I ask.

She turns around from her locker and looks at me for a while and sighs out. "Because this event is very important to me. And I have to win it any how—-" she was cut off.

"But you won't", a voice comes from across the hallway. Vedika and I turn to look at the owner of voice.

Heena Mantri makes her way towards us with four girls encircling behind her. She was wearing a green miniskirt, a black tank top and higher-than-building heels with almost ten coats of lipgloss plastered on her face.

I see Vedika clench her fists as her face starts losing colour.

She comes face-to-face with Vedika before firmly stating, "You're not gonna win it."

"What makes you so sure about that," Vedika asks challengingly.

"Nothing. It's just that, I hold more power in this college than you," Heena smirks confidently. "And I'm sure you know that."

Vedika raises her eyebrow. "You know all the makeup and clothes can't change what an ugly person you really are."

Heena gives her a stinky eye and says, "C'mon Vedika, you are far away from wining this competition. You have many others problems to deal with—staying in the Boys hostel, fighting with you ex-best friend, recovering from your recent breakup, dealing with your daddy issues."

I could see anger pouring through Vedika but she tried to remain calm by pursing her lips together. "Good knowing that you are so invested in my life than your own," Vedika snorts.

Heena smirk grows bigger before her gaze falls on me. She moves a step closer and says, "Aren't you the girl who cheated on Nishaant?"

My eyes widen at what she says.

Gossip spreads faster than STDs in this place.

"I didn't cheat on him" I say blankly trying to avoid eye contact with her. I was starting to get some serious bad vibes from her now.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night, honey," she taunts, while running her hand through my hair. I shove her hand away.

"Leave her alone, Heena," I hear Zivah's voice who was standing at her locker across us.

"Oh my god. Look who it is. The scary boy of Xaviers," Heena laughs mockingly.

"Heena, what's your problem in life. Can't you just chill out for a day?" Zivah groans in a bored tone as she folds her arms and rests her back on the locker.

Heena narrows her eyes at Zivah. "Oh darling, stop worrying about me. It's not me who should chill, it's your little ex-girlfriend here who needs to chill," She says gesturing at Vedika who just rolls her eyes.

"The world doesn't revolve around you, Heena. No one really cares what you think or say. So why do you even bother?" Zivah questions in an irritated tone.

"Really? Because, let's not forget that I was majorly successful in separating the two of you. Wait, no. It was because of your friend, Dhruv, I guess. Anyways, it was awful meeting you, losers," She mutters with a wink before turning around to leave with the other girls.

When the sound of her heels clicking on the floor ends and when she is out of the view, Vedika turns to look at Zivah who gives her a blank stare before leaving.

God, what was going on with these two? Why did the two break up? How was Dhruv involved in it? My curious ass was dying to know.

I turn to Vedika with pleading eyes. She looks at me for a while and sighs out. "Okay. If you have a decent fashion sense, then you can help us with the costumes."

___________________

"I'm sorry, Vedika. All the rooms in the girls hostel are fully occupied. That's the reason we've had to put you in the boys hostel," The dean explains as he sits on his leather chair.

I raise my eyebrows at him.

"Look, child, it was you who had a problem with your previous roommate in the first place. We just gave you the room which was vacant. I don't think we can't do anything for you now. I'm sorry," He says.

"So does that mean I stay in the boys Hostel, forever?"

"No," he shakes his head. "We'll give you a room in the girls hostel the minute someone moves out from there. For now, you'll have to continue rooming with Arjun Singh."

I groan at the thought of spending another night in that dumping ground with that dickhead. He snores like a freaking tractor.

"Look, if there's another problem, you can tell me. But him snoring and having a bad sense of humour are not the reasons I can help you with."

"You forgot the main one; he's a dick," I state, folding my arms.

"I know but I can't do anything for now. Sorry." He says, giving me concerned look.

"Fine!" I huff, getting up to leave.

At this moment, I felt like punching someone on the face; preferably Arjun Singh's.

-

Q) Who's your favourite pair?

-