17 | Traumatic Experiences

SO TECHNICALLY, Aman had brought me to his favourite pizza restaurant

SO TECHNICALLY, Aman had brought me to his favourite pizza restaurant. I would be lying if I said I didn't like this place.

So far, the date was going good. I was grateful that he had successfully made it past twenty minutes without calling me 'cheesecake'.

"So you always wanted to do medical, huh?" Aman asks, biting a slice of his pizza.

"Yeah" I reply.

"Seriously?" He asks in disbelief.

"Yes, it's not that hard to believe" I shrug. "I come from a family of doctors. My mum's a dentist, my dad's a surgeon..."

His eyes go wide and he chuckles.

"What?" I ask. "Were you forced to take medical?"

"Not me. Vedika" He replies.

I narrow my eyes at him. "Vedika was forced into taking medical?"

He nods. "Yeah. She wanted to go into modelling. You would've guessed that by now," He snorts. "She doesn't mind doing medical, though. She's good at it. But this wasn't her passion, you know."

"So did she talk to your dad?" I ask.

"Oh yes, she did. A lot of times, actually. But he never paid any attention to her. He never allowed her to make any decisions. That was the reason she always wanted to revolt against him, but never found the courage to."

"That explains why she is so stubborn. She was never really loved by your dad."

"Yup" He says popping the p.

"But you love her, don't you?"

"More than life." He affirmed. "I mean yes, she can be over dramatic and all, but you will never find someone like my baby sister."

I smile.

The last line was damn true. One would never find a character like Vedika. Ever.

"So, did you find the reason for Zivah and Vedika's split?" He asks.

"Nope. But we're working on it."

We were finishing off with the food when my eyes move to the table behind Aman's.

"Oh - my - God!" I exclaim.

Heena was sitting with a guy, I guess, from college. She seemed to be on a date, judging from the way she was being touchy with the guy.

Aman turns around. "Isn't she suppose to be dating Arjun Singh?"

"Exactly. That's like....cheating," I accuse. "Shouldn't we tell Arjun about this?"

"I don't know" He scratches his head. "I mean, they're all the same. She cheats on Arjun, Arjun cheats on somebody else. They're all like that."

"You don't like him?" I doubted.