Sixteen

-:-:-:-Y/N POV-:-:-:-

"What are you doing up here?" I heard Dream's voice.

I was currently sitting on the roof of Dream's base. I never knew I could get on it until I saw a window that led out to roof. I was hoping he wouldn't find me, but I guess he knows me a little too well; always running away from my problems.

"I don't know." I mumbled.

I expected Dream to get annoyed at my stubbornness and walk away, but he did the exact opposite. I heard him slip out of the window, and his footsteps were heavy as he walked towards me. Hours have gone by since Tommy and the others left, and the sun should be rising soon.

"You know, this used to be the spot I'd come to when I needed to think." Dream said, sitting next to me, a little too close.

"Yeah, well it's a good place to think." I replied. He seemed to notice my dry replies to him, he knew I was upset.

I mean, why wouldn't I be upset? I've spent months plotting to kill Tommy, and then when I finally get the chance to, I chicken out. Was it the right thing to do? Or the cowardly thing to do?

"It is, but what are you thinking about in particular?" he asked.

He seems different. He seemed cheerful even though none of the recent events should make him feel that way. Actually no, he's not cheerful, he's hopeful. He obviously doesn't want to get rid of me, or he would have done so by now. So, what happens now?

"Everything." I mumble.

Before Dream has the chance to respond, we hear another set of footsteps come onto the roof. I turn around, and there's Eret. I thought he would have left by now.

"Hey guys...I was just wondering if I could talk to Y/N." he says, his usual sarcastic tone not found.

We both stare at him.

"Alone." he clarify's.

Dream stares at him for a few more seconds before turning to me. I nod, and he gets up to leave. On the way out I see Dream whisper something in Eret's ear, but it wasn't loud enough for me to hear.

Once Dream is off the roof, Eret walks over and sits beside me. What could he possibly have to say to me? Is he going to mock me for not killing Tommy?

"I feel that I owe you answers. A lot of them." he says, and as soon as he does I stare at him with my eyes wide.

Is this the conversation that I've been wanting to have with him ever since I saw him with Dream? Is this the conversation where I finally get an explanation? I just nod, letting him know I'm ready to listen.

"You hurt me. You hurt me a lot, Y/N. I loved our friendship, but I felt that you cared more about yourself than you did me." he said. This wasn't the Eret that is sarcastic and evil, the Eret that I'm talking to is the old Eret, the one I was friends with.

I proceeded to nod again, it would be better if I didn't say anything until he was done.

"So I left. I left L'manberg and you, I thought I would be better off by myself. I was right. I taught myself to fight, and overall, I was perfectly fine on my own."

I can feel tears starting to form.

"But something was missing, something that I felt I needed to be truly happy. I was in pain."

"Why were you in pain?" I ask him.

"Because the thing that I was missing, was you." he said, emphasizing the word "you".