Chapter Eight

"Assemble," Bucky finishes.

Thor makes a battle cry, as does Black Panther and the heroes charge, the Avengers theme swelling with their stride. Thanos raises his sword towards them, commanding his army to charge as well. Then both sides collide.

•••••

Loki and Thor fighting. Steve takes Stormbreaker but Thor flies to him and passes Mjolnir.

"No, no, give me that," Thor says. "You have the little one."

•••••

Peter is seen fighting some of Thanos' army. But Cull Obsidian punches him to the ground, then Cassie stomps him flat and Peter runs to Tony.

Tony hugs Peter.

"What are you doing?" Peter asks.

He hugs Tony back.

"Oh, this is nice," Peter says.

•••••

Star-Lord Fighting a bunch of Sakaarans, killing all of them except one, which makes him fall over, but a off-screen shot kills him and he drops on Peter. Peter gets up and sees Gamora (2014). Thinking its present Gamora, he is shocked.

"Gamora?" Peter slowly approaches Gamora (2014). "I thought I lost you."

Peter touches Gamora's hair, not knowing she isn't present Gamora. In response, Gamora (2014) grabs Peter's hand firmly off her hair.

"Ow," Peter says.

Gamora kicks Peter in the nuts, slightly hurting Peter, "Don't- touch-" she kicks him again, this time harder, "me!"

Peter falls from the pain, while Gamora (2014) wipes her face.

"You missed the first time-" Peter groans. "Then you got them both the second time."

"This is the one?" Gamora asks Nebula and Darcy. "Seriously?"

"The choices were him, or a tree," Nebula says.

"Or the raccoon," Darcy mentions.

Peter points to Gamora (2014) in confusion, then to Nebula and Darcy in question, and then back to Gamora (2014).

•••••

Later, Cooper is seen running with the gauntlet.

"Bucky, what do you want me to do with this damn thing?" Cooper calls.

"Get those stones as far away as possible!" Bucky shouts.

"No!" Cassie shouts. "We need to get them back where they came from."

"No way to get them back," Peter says. "Thanos destroyed the quantum tunnel."

"Hold on!" Scott shrinks to normal size and pulls out a remote. "That wasn't our only time machine."

Scott presses the button, which activates Luis's van's Horn with the song La Cucaracha, which is heard from afar. Hearing so, Cassie goes to higher ground.

"Anyone see an ugly, brown van up there?" Cassie yells.

"Yes!" Valkyrie replies. "But you're not gonna like where it's parked!"

"Scott, how long you need to get that thing working?" Peter asks.

"Maybe ten minutes," Scott says.

"Get it started," Bucky says. "We'll get the stones to you."

"We're on it," Hope says.

Scott and Hope share a look and they shrink. Scott grabs Hope, and they fly to the van. Doctor Strange traps a group of Chitauri in his magic and sends them through portals as Tony joins him.