Chapter Thirteen = Wolves And The Plan Starts

The small group who had agreed to help stood shivering in the semi darkness. They'd decided dusk was that best time to implement the plan. 

They'd separate into two groups.

Milli, Mark and Alisha were in one group with Oki's wolf mother Othelia, and Victoria, Othelia sister. 

In the second group, Natali, Oki, Kitty, Polly and Harold were with Tanya, the third wolf in Oki's pack and Othelia's best friend.

"Does everyone know what they have to do?" Kitty asked. 

"Yeah," everyone whispered. 

The three wolves nodded, silently. 

The first group headed to the front of the house.

"Positions," Alisha whispered. 

Mark lay down on the ground pressed against the doorstep. He pulled his dark grey dressing gown tighter around him.

Against Oki's and Kitty's wishes he had worn it so that if he needed to shift at a moments notice his clothes wouldn't cause hindrance.

Milli crawled into and behind the lavender bush. A dogs whistle around her neck and a walkie talkie clutched in her hands.

She crouched low under a window, hoping noone was in that room.

Kitty's had done a run down of the house plan, with them. She knew that I this particular window lead into Katy and Brianne's parents room. 

Part of her shook with fear at that thought. She didn't not want to meet that man.
Part of her shook with anger for the girls. 

Victoria crouched low under the lounge window. 

Group 1 waited with bated breath for the signal that they were ready to begin. After a moment longer than Alisha deemed safe, Milli and Mark both whispered that she was right to go.
Mark ducked his head lower and clutched his walkie talkie to his chest hoping his antlers were out of sight.

With his heightened hearing he easily heard Alisha's knock on the door. With his heightened sense of smell he knew when someone was approaching the door.

A second later, the door opened.

"Hello?" A womans voice asked.

🐾 ✴️ 🐺 ✴️ 🐾

"It's a woman," Mark's voice crackles quietly through Polly and Harold's walkie talkie's.

"Let's go," Polly whispered to Oki and Kitty. 

Harold slipped away from the group first and slid around the side of the house, crouching under the bedroom he'd been told belonged to the Katy and Brianne. 

Next to him sat a large black wolf; Tanya, if he recalled correctly. 

She looked up and blinked at him. Her eyes were large and dark green. 

Not so common amongst wolves, he thought and then wondered how she'd react if he tried to pat her. 

Better not, he thought to himself. 

A silent click around the corner tells him the plan had been set into motion. He reaches up checking for the slight crack Kitty had told him should have been there. The way in to help the girls out. 

Only it isn't there. 

He swears under his breath. 

Around the corner he waits until he can hear his wife, Polly enter the house through the back door, before he lightly knocks on the girls window.