C H A P T E R 3

Everyone was having their breakfast silently. I eyed everyone. What's wrong with these people? They would talk non stop during eating only and now it seems like they're mourning over someone.

" It's sad right that these bread had to be roasted and those tomatoes had to be sliced and the most tragic ones are those oranges who had to be squeezed out of death to get this liquid thing out called juice!" I said casually earning everyone's attention.

They were literally glaring at me as if I've gone mad. " Why are you people staring at me? This is the thing that you people are mourning over right? Or is there something else that I'm not aware of ?" I raised my eyebrows.

And soon after that Sara started her rambling about how Kartik had troubling in the night by not getting her midnight cravings. Poor Kartik was listening to all her complaints.

" Sara, It was you only who said let it be, where you'll find halwa at this late night!" Kartik said in his defence but alas this went against him.

"It's a wife duty to so Kartik. You could've said It's ok, I'll get it for you anyway but you instead to choose to sleep!" Kartik pouted when everyone was busy laughing. These two are such kids! I smiled at them.

I took my car keys and were about to leave when Priyaansh stood in my way. " Where the hell do you think you're going? We've got some guests at home!"

I maitained a strict face. " I've got a whole damn business to manage!" He rolled his eyes " You can just give those poor employees including me a day off..."

I nodded in a no and asked him to get ready. " Ro I have invited them and now I only wouldn't be at home... that will be rude..." He made his puppy eyes.

"Fine!" I shrugged him off and soon Kartik joined me. " Let's go!" He said arranging his files. I gave him a confused look. "Uhmm won't you stay at home for Arohi..."

" Well the people coming are Priyaansh's guest! I've got nothing to do with them!" He plastered a smile and made his way out of the house with me following his steps.

After wrapping all the work, It was time to go back home. The thought of Arohi was still bothering me. Would she be still at home?

I glanced at Kartik who was probably going through the same dilemma as me. The drive to the home was a silent one. We both were in our own thoughts.

I hesitantly took some steps to the living room to hear some laughter sounds. I glanced at Kartik who already masked his face with a blank look.

I patted his shoulder and he gave me a smile. We both made our inside and then my gaze met her. She was laughing along with mom and Sara.

She's still the same.. well no! I think she has gained some weight but in a positive way. I chuckled at my thoughts. Soon her laugh suppressed when her eyes met mine.

I quickly tear off my gaze and my eyes wandered around the hall. And there's that six foot guy talking with Priyaansh... He better not get way too along with my family. I seriously wanted to punch Priyaansh with being so friendly with that Qtub Minar.

My eyes then fell on a tall girl who was listening keenly to that Qtub Minar... My observation was put to an end when Mom called me out.

I joined them along with Kartik who was clearly uninterested. " Ro! this is Rashmi, Arohi and Aditya's friend..." Sara introduced me to that tall girl. I passed a warm smile to her which she returned back.

Aditya went near Arohi and Rashmi and encircled his hands around their shoulders. " Guys, I'm getting engaged soon and now knowing that Arohi has such.good friends, It would be injustice on my part to not invite you people. You guys have to come otherwise engagement will be cancel!"

The room went in a complete silent with everyone gazing at me. I gave them an awkward smile when Kartik excused himself and rushed to his room.

Arohi was clearly hurt by this gesture. She eyed him till he disappeared from her sight. " Uhmm you guys talk, I'll freshen up and will join you in a while"
I avoided her gaze and quickly rushed in the room.

I stormed into the bathroom letting the cold water wash my anger. I pulled my hair in frustration trying to calm my emotions.

I settled myself on the bed and did a light massage on my forehead. My eyes went to the drawer. No Rohan! You're not taking that again. I tried hard to convince myself.

I find myself tearing the packet apart and the white powder was scattered a little bit on the floor. I gaze at it.. I knew this was wrong but I'm helpless.

A sudden knock at the door made me conscious and I thrust the packet under my pillow. I corrected my posture and saw Arohi standing at the door.

She looked at me suspiciously. " You want something?" I eyed her when she made her steps in the room. " What did you hide?" Her questioning gaze met mine.

I noticed the powder scattered on the floor. I can't let her see this. " How does that concern you Arohi? You're done with me right... then why are you here impriting your rights on me! Remember I'm your father murderer! Now get out!"

I didn't meant my words but does it matter... Her eyes went moist and she was quick enough to get rid of those tears.

She looked at me with determined eyes and pushed me aside. I pulled her back and encaged her between my arms. " Why did you leave Arohi? You had to promised to stay..." My forehead rested upon hers.

I cupped her face making her meet my gaze. " Can't we make everything like before?" Tears started brimming her eyes and her nose turned reddish.

I chuckled when she gave me a confused look. I found myself pecking her nose. She pushed me away with all her strength and the thing that I was avoiding happened. She saw it!...

____________________________________________

Tada! Here we go with Chappy 3!.. Hope you guys like it..

Do vote and comment if you like it 🖤

#spreadlove