C H A P T E R 2

I crossed my arms and looked at Priyaansh and Shanaya who was fighting over a pink lehenga.

" Will you guys be a little quick?" I was really annoyed by their antics. They already took two hours to choose one outift and now they're fighting over another one.

I moved my gaze to Sara who was sobbing. The outfit that she chose was not fitting her because of her baby bump.

"What kind of outfits do you sell?!!" She passed a glare to Kartik who was giving apolegetic look to the shopkeeper.

I smiled and approached them. " Sara, I'll buy you something else. Come let's go!" I gestured her to another shop. She nodded and accompanied me with Kartik walking beside her.

Kartik encircled his hand around her waist and secured her bapy bump while descending the stairs.

Priyaansh joined us at the foot court. " Where's Shanaya?" Sara raised her eyebrow and Priyaansh gestured to the bathroom.

I took a spoonful of rice and fed Sara. This girl is such a kid. I wonder how Kartik handles her mood swings!...

I took an another to spoon to feed her when she suddenly stood up from her place. I looked at her with concern. Kartik was already by her side with his hand caressing her babu bump.

" Sara You're okay?" Priyaansh looked at her carefully trying to read her expression. I followed her gaze to see Shanaya talking to a lady who was backfacing us.

" What happened Sara?" Her worried gaze met mine. " Uhmm Rohan I don't like this food... please get me some Salad... Pretty please..." She made puppy eyes.

After placing her order, I went through my pocket only to find my wallet missing.  I let out a sigh and made my way back to our table.

I narrowed my eyes to have a clear view of whom Priyaansh was hugging. Sara was literally on the verge of crying.  The more I took some steps further, I could hear my heartbeats getting faster.

It couldn't be her! I assured myself and approached them. " Sara my wallet is..." My brain sttuters upon seeing her in front of me. All the gaze were suddenly fixed were on me.

She saw the shock registered on my face before I could hide it. A small smile played on my lips. "Arohi..." I gulped my tears down to have a clear view of hers after decade.

I took a step towards her only to be stopped in my tracks. I eyed the hand encircled around her shoulders and looked at that person.

She's here for engagement! Kartik's words replayed in my mind. I let out a sad chuckle getting her attention.

I bored my eyes into hers. Those eyes who were once filled with love and happiness was now full of emptiness. And that.... because of me.

" How are you Arohi?" I asked casually. She looked at me with disbelief while that man replied on her behalf.

"She's great! By the way are you also her friend? " He looked at me with a smile. I moved my gaze to Arohi who was stealing glances at me.

Fixing my gaze on her, I nodded. " Yaa we were friends... Just casual ones... Right Arohi?" She tilt her head towards me and her moist eyes met mine.

She nodded and passed a smile to that guy. "Won't you introduce us to this guy?" I suppressed my pain and pretended to be as normal as possible.

" Uhmm this is Aditya.. and Adi these are my friends" She fidgeted with her scarf.

" Arohi! Why don't you join us for dinner tomorrow with your friends? Infact you should come in the day only so that we can catch up..." Priyaansh asked with a little bit hesitation only to earn a glare from Kartik.

Before Arohi could put her words in front, Aditya was quick enough to accept the proposal.

" I think we should leave now!" Arohi nudged that six foot tall guy's arm who nodded in response.

Everyone passed a warm smile to her except Kartik who was looking anywhere except at her. Her gaze met mine for a few seconds before she took her leave.

" Even we should go!" Kartik gritted his teeth in anger. I patted his shoulders ignoring the other's pitied look. He assured me that he was fine.

I sat in the terrace pouring myself a glass of wine. I smiled sadly looking at the shining stars. " Mom I miss you ... Can you please come back for once and hug me! I won't trouble you.. please... come...back...I..." I face palmed myself trying to gulp down all the tears.

" I had lost all my dear ones , first you and now she! Do I really deserve this?" I gulped down the wine in the hope that I'll find solace in it.

" Infact you guys are to be blamed! You both had said that you won't ever leave me and you both turned out to be liars!" I wiped off my tears and whispered to myself " And I can't even hate you guys!"

Priyaansh and Kartik's loud voices caught my attention. As soon as I saw Priyaansh raising his hand on Kartik, I was quick enough to interfere into the matter.

"What the hell is wrong with you guys!" I gave them a stern look while they both were eyeing the floor. Ghosh I feel like a father who is scolding his spoilt brats!

Priyaansh pointed towards Kartik. " He started it first Ro!" My gaze moved to Kartik who was ready to fight back in his defence.

" Why did he invite Arohi? What was the need to do so! Can't you people see she has move on. She don't want to keep contacts with us then why should we pester her!!"

For a moment, I was astonished by the fact that Kartik was saying so. He.. who was so close to Arohi is saying that to not keep contact with her.

" See Rohan! I think Kartik has gone mad. He was the one who was so close to Arohi and now see how is he talking about her! Knock some sense onto him!" Priyaansh was completely pissed off.

" Infact you knock some sense into your own brain Priyaansh! Can't you see Arohi is not interested in keeping relations with us! She's changed.. My Arohi is dead!" Kartik yelled with the same intensity.

Priyaansh took a step towards him ready to bounce. " STOP IT YOU BOTH!!" I eyed them with utter disbelief.

" Since Priyaansh had already invited Arohi for tomorrow, there's nothing we can do about it! Infact we should be happy that.. that she moved on. Her happiness are what we always wanted!" I said trying to suppress my emotions.

Kartik gave me a disbelief look and stormed to his room. While Priyaansh and I were eyeing his retreating figure!

" What the fuck is wrong with this guy?" Priyaansh asked being concern about Kartik.

Somewhere this thing was eating me up , I would not want Kartik and Arohi relationship to get a stain because of me.

" We will find this out later! Go and sleep now!" I ordered him and he silently obeyed me. I sigh thinking about tomorrow. It's gonna be a long day!

____________________________________________

Well it's been months since I updated! My apologies.

But now I guess this book is my only solution for me to get some peace otherwise you'll find me in depression soon with all these study stress😂

Thank you for all those who was still waiting for me to update... It means a lot🥺❤...

Do vote if you like it and don't forget to leave your feedback 🤍

#spreadlove