C H A P T E R 7

I groaned taking out an outfit to wear for the event in the evening. I was frustrated with my family members spying at me.

It's been a week ever since Arohi left for Rashmi's place to help her for engagement preparations. And in this one week, Mom and Priyaansh are taking turn by turn to sleep with me at night only to assure that I'm not taking drugs.

Though it was annoying at sometimes, it also made me feel loved. I chuckled recalling how Mom and Priyaansh would sing me lullabies when I got restless. They were both bad at it, they were in fact worst!

Finally today is the day, I'll get a glimpse of my busy wife. I shrugged my thoughts and took out my phone to message her when Sara barged into the room.

She sat on the bed being restless. I sprinted towards her and took a seat beside her. " What happened Sara?" I took her hands into mine while she gave me a pained look.

"These cramps are killing me! Even Kartik is not at home!" Her eyes went watery. I patted her back and went to get her hot water bag. I covered it onto a towel and placed it carefully near her abdomen.

" Sara breathe... I talked to your doctor and these cramps are normal in this phase!" I assured her when she nodded. I summoned Shanaya and asked her to take Sara into her room.

I quickly dialed Kartik's number. " Kartik there's no need for you to work in this 12 weeks. Sara needs you... I guess her cramps are being much painful than before!" The worry lines were already formed on my forehead...

I took a peek over Sara who was sleeping peacefully with Kartik by her side. Kartik urged us to go for the even reassuring us he will look after Sara.
I sigh and left with Priyaansh and Shanaya as mom insisted to stay with Sara.   

My gaze wandered everywhere only to be disappointed. Shanaya giggled at me. "Looking for you wife!" I gave her an annoying look when she smiled wider.

" You're looking too desperate bro!" Priyaansh joined Shanaya in teasing me. " Ahh just leave me alone people!" I left them in search of my wife.

My breath got hitched into throat when I spotted her in a peach saree. The fabric adorned her body perfectly. Her sound of her tingling bangles broke my trance and my eyes moved to the dog whom she was caressing.

I leaned on the door and cleared my throat gaining her attention. She broke a smile and gestured me to come inside. I approached her when she pulled me down.

" Here's your son Joey!" She pointed to the dog. My eyes widened remembering the gift I gave her on our 6 months anniversary. I looked at her hopefully when she nodded.

The little one was all grown up now. "Joey!" I patted his head and seems like he instantly like me. He was all over me when Arohi was busy laughing.

" We are taking him with us after the event!" I looked at Arohi who nodded. Joey wagged his tail and ran outside once Adi was spotted.

My gaze moved to my wife who was ready to follow Joey. I pulled her by waist making her back collide with my chest. I whispered " You look so good in saree!"

" I know!" She giggled making me smile. " Anyway mind to leave me hubby! There's an engagement taking place over and I need to meet the others too."

I sigh and let go of her. " Arohi... Sara didn't came. She was going through some cramps and Kartik and Mom are by her side!" She frowned and glared at me.

" You didn't find it important to tell me!" Anger was clearly evident on her face. " She is fine now Arohi. Anyway you will come home tonight then you'll be by her side only!"