New York

but for you darling id do it all again

July 9th, 2021

Amsterdam

"You know... a year ago I would've killed for this with Crystal," Gigi whispered on FaceTime with Symone.

"Oh, believe me, I know," Symone laughed, and Gigi couldn't help but smile.

"But it's... it's not what I thought it would be like. You know?" Gigi asked. Symone just cocked her head, waiting for her to continue. "The little weekends we had together were so desperate and fleeting. We felt like we had to make the most out of every minute because that's all we had. But now we... well- it feels like we have all the time in the world here. And we're just... taking our time. Becoming friends again. I think... trusting each other again. I don't know. There's no pressure. It's just us in Amsterdam. It's nice," Gigi explained. "Don't tell Hunter," she added, and Symone started to laugh.

"Oh you know I won't! You could tell him though. He won't be mad," Symone said.

"I know," Gigi sighed. "He'd just be... I don't wanna worry him. I'll tell him when there's something to actually tell him, you know? Right now, me and Crystal are just learning to exist together."

"Right," Symone nodded. "Well, Rosy and I are happy for you. We're glad you're getting a second chance. And you know Gigi, while being with Crystal again isn't what you imagined, that might be a good thing. Maybe this will be even better." Symone said softly, and Gigi hated that her chest ached, hated that her stomach was fluttering. Hated that she felt hopeful again for something with Crystal. When she voiced this to Symone, she was met with a sympathetic smile.

"I can't imagine how confused you must be. I mean- you two have a lot of history. A lot of shit you've gotta work through. And that's okay. Okay?" Symone tried to stay positive, smiling sweetly.

"Okay," Gigi whispered. "I just don't wanna get my heart broken. Again. You know?"

"I know," Symone said softly, and there were tears in both of their eyes. Old habits die hard. "You look out for yourself. Always put your happiness and well-being first, always. You're too smart, too strong, too beautiful. You are Gigi Mothafuckin Goode! You've got this baby."

"I've got this," Gigi's voice cracked, and she swore there were happy tears in her eyes. "I miss you," she whispered. "Anyways. Crystal, Jaida, and I are going to a sexy leather club tonight, so I've gotta go. I love you, bye!" Gigi hung up and started to get ready for the night.

Apparently, Jaida had found a section in Michelle's Amsterdam guidebook talking all about these gay bars where everyone was clad in leather and heavy piercings, and she insisted on everyone going. Michelle declined, using the time to FaceTime with her husband and daughters, who would hopefully be coming to visit soon. Gigi was hesitant to accept as well, but Crystal and Jaida were both so excited, and she didn't wanna miss out. Besides, the guys will be sexy, Gigi will be drunk, and Crystal will be... Crystal. Why not?.

So Gigi got ready and went down to the coffeeshop to wait for Crystal and Jaida, hovering by the door. Then she felt her phone buzzing and looked down to see Jaida calling her.

"Hello?" Gigi said into the phone. She immediately had to pull it away from her ear, the pounding music was so loud.

"GIIIIIGIIIIII IM DRUNK!" Jaida screamed, and Gigi let out a small laugh.

"I can hear that," she chuckled.

"I'M STILL GONNA COME TO THE LEATHER BAR, BUT NOT FOR ANOTHER LIKE... HOUR AND... LIKE AN HOUR AND A... NOT MORE THAN TWO HOURS! I DON'T KNOW! I'LL MEET YOU THERE, I PROMISE! I LOVE YOU!" Jaida yelled, and hung up without getting a response from Gigi.