Chapter 4: The Strangers

Location: Same as before 

Time: 26th March 2011, 20:01

    Looking at myself in the mirror under a milky light and asking what the hell is happening to me. Who am I and what have I become? That question was bothering me right now. My beard that resembled more like a spider web was covering my jaw, my dirty and untidy hair was all around. It was time to go. I took the hair clipper and cut my hair to the length of 6 mm, and after that I shaved my face and looked at myself again. Completely unrecognisable. The old me again. I went to my room, put on a nice brown shirt and a pair of jeans. I looked at the clock. It was 20:34. I still had time but I've decided to go early. Tony asked me to help him around the preparations for his birthday. No, no wars, no bombings, no world ending. The old lady prophet was wrong. The assassins where caught in the USA and consequently sentenced to death. Still, that big explosion in Saudi Arabia? Nobody knows what happened. Well, if somebody does know, they're keeping it for themselves. I believe in the end it might be something like the great explosion in Tunguska which occurred in 1908. But, let's get back to the story. I said bye to my Mom and Tim and then vanished. Halfway down the staircase I already lit a cigarette. Just when I inhaled the last smoke and threw the butt on the road I was in front of Tony's house. A simple three leveled cubicle with a small but very practical garden with a small gym he had made for himself. On the first floor, a bigger apartment for tourists was getting ready to be filled by several teenagers, alcohol vapors and cigarette smoke. I knocked and opened the door catching Tony off guard. 

-Hey!- I yelled, he jumped. -Happy birthday bro!- I hugged him. 

-Thanks man. How are you? You haven't been at school today. Why?- he asked me immediately. 

-Ah, I was kind of sick. A stomach ache or something and some dizziness.- I lied to him. It was more like that incident a few months back at terace of that café. No, I still haven't figured what what it is neither have I visited a doctor or shrink. No way. The last thing I need is too be declared mentally unstable or insane. 

-You alright, now? You gonna drink?- he asked me. 

-I'm not sure. I'm still indecisive. I'll have a beer.- I replied and he handed me a bottle of a local beer.

Soon after everything was set, the first guests have arrived. A tall guy with short hair on a round head with a quite big nose in the middle of it. It was Dominic. Behind him it was Dan. A guy my height and deep dark hair with a chubby face. His agility and strenght were famous around town. And then, the biggest of them all. Tall, wide, big. Long, brown and greasy hair tied into a tail and a long untidy beard. It was Bex. All great friends of ours. Several more guys and a few girls followed soon after them. I would tell you all about them, but something happened. My cell phone rang and I looked at the number. It was Eugene. He was at a beach just under Tony's house, on another party. I answered the call.

- Hey dude? What's up? You miss me down there?- 

-Get down here, immediately.- he said calmly and fluently, but I could sense something was disturbing him. 

-What's going on? You in trouble?- I asked him. 

-Just get down here. All of you. Something is happening. Quickly.- he replied and hung up. I stood there confused for a second then put the phone back into my pocket. I turned around and turned down the music which wasn't too appreciated by my, already slightly influenced, friends. I asked them to calm down. 

-Please, guys, listen up! HEY!- I finally got their attention. -I just got a call and a friend of mine says there's something we need to see down at the beach. Something bad is going on, he wouldn't tell me what, but I know it's not good.-