Chapter 16: The truth is on the table

I metallic sound echoed on the inside of the room. The door was being knocked onto. I quickly grabbed my sweatshirt and put it on as the knock repeated. 

-Who is it?- 

-Mike sent us to get you. Open up!- a female voice responded which was suffocated by the obstacle between us. 

'Leh-nna, hide in the bathroom.' I told her. 

'It's two of them.Be careful and hide that hand.' 

-Just a second, I'm out of the shower.- I said. My hair was still wet, so I had an advantage in that lie. I grabbed a bandage from the first aid box under the bed and wrapped my hand with it, covering the fingers and the palm. The sweatshirt would hide the wrist and forearm. I put on my sunglasses. The light was quite strong in the room so I could push that as a reason for wearing them. I put the hood over my head, hiding my identity. I don't know why I did that, but still, you never know. I unlocked the door and opened it just a bit. I grinned as I saw a very pair of faces. A couple I had known for a long time. My heart pumped warmth into my body. I had seen my friends again, for them, after a long time, for me, after a lot has happened. A short blond, with her hair neatly cut to cover her head, ending just under the chin. It was Tanya. And the guy, her boyfriend, a dear friend of mine, a skinny longer face, with a beard that finally looked like one. I opened the door completely and invited them in. 

-Come in, please.- I showed them with my normal hand. 

-We have strict orders to come and get you, immediately.- Tanya returned with a serious sound to her gentle voice, making her sound adult and experienced. 

-Seriously? Since when do you follow orders?- I said. -Come in.- 

They exchanged looks, insecure. 

-Oh com'on! I'm not going to kill you. Just come in. I wanna show you something.- I insisted.

-Why us?! You don't even know us.- Eugene spoke. 

-Oh, but I do. I know almost about you, Eugene and Tanya.- I said their names. Now they seemed even more scared of me. 

-Am I really that scary?!- I was wondering. 

-Well, you know us, we don't know you, you are covering your face and.... yeah, you are, kind of.- Tanya responded. 

-You know me, just as well as I know you. Well, not that much anymore. But you will know soon.- 

-What you mean?! Who are you?- Eugene was confused and insecure, but kept his cool. 

-Let's just say it's been a long time.- I kept enigmatic. 

-There is only one person, you could possibly be.- Tanya said with and angry face. -With the mysteriousness, and I thought I recognised the voice but I didn't think it was possible.- 

-Well? You gonna tell me?!- Eugene asked her impatiently. 

-Black and white, coloured?!  Remember that.- she said. That was the song Eugene and I recorded that night in the studio. Eugene looked at me with eyes wide open, and his jaw dropping to his chest. I took off my hood and glasses. 

-Hi there.- I smiled. 

-You son of a bitch!- she yelled and jumped right at me as she was about to punch the shit out of me, but instead, she hugged me strongly and started crying. -Aevos. You're alive!- her voice broke down through the cry. Eugene had tears on his eyes too, but gave his best to keep them from making him cry. Unsuccessfully. He was overflown with emotions of seeing an old friend come back to life.

-Oh my God, what happened to you?! How the fuck are you here?- Tanya was asking questions as she let go, but I was busy hugging Eugene as he hugged me firmly.