Chapter 21: Preparations

I was exiting my car, with a sorrow feeling consuming me. I was obsessed with the feeling of remorse. I couldn't get rid of it. Was it my fault? Have I gotten them killed? Ben, Sergey and Angie were standing in front of me. It was lunch time so the garage was empty. 

-Don't get too surprised.- I warned them. 

'Leh-nna, bring them in.' I gave her permission. Leh-nna walked down the entrance to the garage followed by two enormous brown, four legged beasts with snake shaped heads and massive shoulders. Jane and Phillip. Ben was completely shocked. As for Sergey and Angie, they didn't seem scared, but it was something else. Tony walked out of the Touareg and Sergey noticed that he was too, mutated. 

-What happened to them?!- Sergey asked. 

-Is that everyone?!- Angie added a question. 

I nodded. Jane and Phillip stood beside me. I pulled out Alexandra who was still unconscious out of the Camaro and handed her over to Ben. 

-Take her to the infirmary. She should be waking up soon.- I told him. He nodded. I looked back towards the Touareg. Despo, Dan and Mike were taking the bodies out. 

-Unfortunately, Maya and Dino were KIA.- Tony told Sergey shaking his hand. Sergey was glad he saw him again, despite the differences on his body. 

-What happened to the rest?- Sergey asked him. 

-Nathan, Damian and Tamara died of the consequences of the mutation.- he answered. -They're bodies were burned back there.- 

-Who did this?!- Angie asked with an angry voice. 

-Bex.- Tony turned to me as I and Mike were now pulling out his body from the BMW. We placed the bodies on the floor, one beside another. 

-We will tell you what happened exactly, but let's first take care of them.- Tony said. 

-Sure. We'll bury them, but where do you want to do it?- Sergey asked us. 

-I think I now a good place.- I said thinking of a place that has been in my dreams lately. 

        By the same beach from my dreams, on the Lungomare of Pula, which remained mostly intact, except for the treeline that was burnt to ashes and char-coaled tree trunks, we found a place were to bury the three victims, the three friends. Everyone who was with me in the search and rescue mission, the remaining members of the round table, my brother, and the mutated three were present. One hole was dug, and we slowly lowered the bodies inside. Maya was first, in the middle, Dino on her left, and Bex on her right. A few were crying, my brother was shook. We were filling the whole with the earth and dirt after placing rocks on top of their bodies to cover them from the sand. After filling the hole, three wooden crosses were placed into the ground, with their names on them. The atmosphere was sorrow, difficult and silent. Suddenly I head an inspiration flowing through my mind. Something had to be said. 

-Let their souls travel on the winds of the air, let their ashes enrich the earth, to body of nature, let their energy find it's way through the waves of the waters, let their spark become part of the ever-burning flames of life.- I spoke slowly, gently but loudly. 

Around me, sighs and reliefs were heard. 

'Well said. Almost like a true Prodyan.' Leh-nna told me. 

       -The convoy is almost ready. We have gathered around forty vehicles and we armoured them up and got them running. We managed to repair four coach buses. We armoured them too and weaponized them. We have enough weapons and ammo for a new war.- Sergey was informing me. about their progress. We were back at the garage the was swarming with life and with people working on cars and buses. Phillip and Jane have made themselves quite helpful. They were lifting the heavy stuff making it easier to work under the cars or buses. Tony was around as well.