prologue.

000 ⎯⎯ the boy on the roof

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

slight violence !

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━ "𝐊𝐎𝐔! 𝐖𝐀𝐈𝐓 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐌𝐄!"
Y/N heaved in air, chasing her brother up the steps. "Where's that damn ghost?!" Kou paused, waiting for his sister to catch up before taking off again. He ran out on to the roof, a smile spreading across his face.

Y/N clutched her staff nervously as she followed, her brother climbing to the top of an air conditioning unit. She glanced around the roof, noticing two other people on a picnic blanket. 

Suddenly Kou jumped down, landing in a somewhat cool position. He kept his head down, staying in his element. 

"I'm from Kamome Academy Junior High, third year." Finally he looked up, a big grin lighting his face. "I'm Kou Minamoto! In case they ask you how you were finally sent to the underworld!"

The boy on the blanket began laughing, the girl turning to him. "Do you know this guy?" The boy shook his head, "I don't know him but I know of him. The Minamto clan have been exorcists for centuries." He explained, the girl nodding. 

Kou smiled, shoving a thumb towards himself. "Yup that's me- Hey Y/N! Get over here!" Y/N jumped, her hands wrapping tighter around her staff. She slowly shuffled over to the three, giving a small wave. 

"I'm Y/N Minamoto, his sister."

"Alright!" Kou stretched, "Let's get to business!" He jumped forward, pulling his umbrella and smashing down onto the spirit's shoulder. The two bantered, Kou electrocuting the boy. Y/N fiddled with her staff, watching as her brother fought. 

"Hey!"

Y/N turned to the voice, the girl from the blanket now on her feet. "Tell your brother to stop! He's hurting my friend!" Y/N rose a brow, shrinking back at the girl's loud voice. "Uh- friend?"

The girl nodded, "Yeah! Hanako's my friend! Your brother's hurting him!" Y/N turned back to the fight, Hanako now sitting on top of Kou, a seal on his staff. "Actually..."

The girl turned to face the boys, her demeanor shifting. "Oh."

Hanako turned to Y/N, smiling. He held out his hand for her staff, the girl flinching. "Don't give it to him Y/N!" Kou shouted, Y/N dropping the staff. "Ah...sorry.." She knelt down to scoop it up, the staff already gone. 

"Here ya go." Hanako handed it back, a seal on it's handle. Y/N slowly took it back, the spirit smiling happily to her. "Uh thanks...?"

Kou sat up on the ground, rubbing his head in frustration. "Ugh dammit!" Hanako laughed at the boy, the two beginning to fight again. 

"So um, I'm Yashiro Nene." The girl, Yashiro, held out her hand, Y/N taking it. "I'm Y/N Minamoto- I already said that." Yashiro laughed, Y/N smiling slightly. 

"Tch come on Y/N! We're leaving!" Kou grabbed his sisters hand, pulling her towards the rooftop doors. Y/N waved to the two as she was dragged away, stumbling behind Kou.

"Bye-"

↳ [Edited]