Chapter 3: Hello Again

I looked at Clark, again astounded by his presence and yet not knowing how it was that he was even alive. This was beginning to get weird and I also did not need to ask him how he found me. He was Superman after all and with his super-hearing, he could spot me from even halfway around the globe.

"How did you know my name?" he finally asked.

"Um..." I tried to think of a response. "Well, you and Lois Lane are famous reporters from the Daily Planet."

"Okay" he said, but something told me he was not a hundred percent convinced. "You stopped by my farm earlier and then I ran into you, and then you rescued my family from that hostile."

I had no idea what to say. So I decided to not press the subject because, at the end of the day, he was likely the only one who could give me an explanation as to what was going on here and where it was I was standing.

"Lemme guess, you think I'm stalking you?"

"I didn't say that."

"You implied it!" I said in a brusque tone.

"I just want to understand how it is that I saw you twice in a day and then the third time with my family after you rescued them using your..."

"My powers?"

"Yeah" he sighed. "So are you an alien or a meta-human?"

"I'm a meta...but let me just clear the air here. I happened to be riding by your farm earlier because I was lost and I was hoping to get help. But then I saw you with your wife and sons and I guess it felt weird."

"I see" he said and again, I could tell he was not convinced. "Now, my wife told me that you took the kryptonite dagger that the hostile used to try and kill Superman with."

"Yes, I took it."

"Why?"

"Personal reasons" I said, feeling weird that I was carrying the very weapon that was used to murder my brother. I would recognize it anywhere because the day he was killed, was the day I was scarred for life.

"Look, not to pry but you have a dangerous weapon and one that's made out of kryptonite no less."

"I'm sorry but I can't give it to you and I really don't want to explain why I took it" I took a deep breath. "Now, not to be rude but I have to go find a place to stay until I can figure out how to go back to...to my country" I started walking away until he grabbed me by the arm.

With the usual firm grip.

"Listen, boy..." he got a tad bit aggressive, which was scaring me a bit. "I'm sure you're not a bad kid...but I know you're hiding something."

If there was one major difference here between him and my brother, it was that he was quite serious and my brother was easygoing and was goofy at times. We even pranked each other from time to time.

Once, I even pantsed him to his boxers at the mall while and pushed him to the floor for added hilarity and he laughed it off since it was just a prank. This serious version of him, however, was starting to bug me.

"And since when is it any of your business if I am hiding something? You don't even know me."

"You're what seventeen or eighteen and you're walking around with a weapon?" he looked at me incredulously.