(Bonus Chapter) 1 A Trip to the Agency cont. Part 17

A/N this part is from the second draft

"Aha! Found it, Here catch!" she said as she tossed me a bag of what looked like...blood?"

I caught the bag.

"I am not drinking this," I said firmly, eyeing the bag suspiciously. "Whose blood is this?

"It's not blood, technically. It's a blood derivative that Lance made. Your body won't be able to tell the difference and that is what matters. You can't go around feeding on people. Stop being a baby."

I was still holding the bag like it was a bomb and my lips were pooched out like it stank.

Cat noticed I was still sitting there, and the bag was full.

"Don't you have somewhere you need to be?" She asked sarcastically

"Yes, no thanks to you!" I said

So, drink up. Tick-Tock!" Cat said as she went back to her desk and entered more data.

I put the nozzle in my mouth and gave a gentle squeeze. The concoction filled my mouth. I sucked lightly. I was pleasantly surprised at the taste. It had a slight fruity undertone. I greedily gulped the remainder of the bag. She tossed me a second and I made short work of it as well. My teeth retracted fully. I looked at the bag again. I must admit, I was impressed. I had not felt this good in days.

Caterina was busy typing notes in at her computer. "I have a lot more questions." She said from behind the screen.

"That should satisfy you for now. It's designed to hold you over for at least a week in the best-case scenario and help to weaken your need to feed in the worst-case scenario. But to be honest, that is in theory. I am going to be in Met Prime by tonight. I will bring you more supplies and I will be there to help you and keep an eye on you.

Lance thankfully kept working on serums and things like the blood derivative, the sunblock shots, and the eye drop, just in case anyone presented positively. He kept working just in case. And in secret.

"Good news is I have enough info to work with now and we need to meet later to talk some more. That drink should hold your hunger at bay for a few days if I get held up. It's a blood derivative cocktail. Lance developed it." Pride was evident in her voice. Pride and a little something else?

"I assume you saw your mission when you bit him."

I cocked my head to the side. "About that. I saw a lot of things but it happened so fast, I need time to think about if I saw something the agency could use. I was supposed to be able to leave Metropolis Prime tonight. I assume that has all changed. I have never been in one place this long. What if I get bored? What if I accidentally kill him?"

"You may be tied to him. You cannot leave Metropolis Prime. At least not yet. This one is a long game. You cannot accidentally kill him either. I am serious. He is important for some reason to The Core and I think it has more to do than just the formula for the virus. Something else is at play here. We will all figure it out together. " She said firmly.

"Yeah, I figured as much," I said angrily. I stared at her hard for a few moments. The elephant in the room is no longer able to be ignored.

"You mentioned there are others like me?" I asked finally.

Cat sighed. "Yes and no."

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" I asked, my anger brimming.

"You said ten injections were given. So there are ten other potential victims out there?" I reminded her from our earlier conversation.

"Um, not exactly. Only 6 of the ten presented with enhanced abilities. They are all dead."