Part Twelve: Find the Holder of the Cure

To be completely honest, Jack didn't mind the warm and rainy temperatures of Berk and what lay beyond. In fact, he liked the change in atmosphere. It wasn't so depressing. Jack was good at putting off things. He was an expert at precrastination. And so were his new friends. All except Hiccup, Astrid, and Toothless. The three of them had been working non stop to find out the whole story and why the different Dimensions were starting to go hay wire.

Lately, Hiccup had been having dreams of the Man in the Moon, and a shadow looking thing, and every other night his dreams always altered between two girls. Sisters, he thought of them. Both of them kept changing appearance every time they showed up.

The one, he guessed, was the younger of them. She always had a warm smile and innocent eyes. The girl had light red hair with a simple white streak in it. This girl kept changing from the first image, to a whole other side, where she was more tough, less frail, losing hope... her hair had gone completely white and her eyes a warm icy blue. Her skin was tattooed in snowflake designs that seemed to be engraved into her. And she always looked sadder.

The second girl was the older and more mature one. She had nearly white blonde hair, braided to her side. Her eyes were also blue, but a different shade. Almost more... alone looking. She also wore a blue dress that fell evenly down her body with some sort of drape following behind it. But her second side was a whole other one to see. It had purple eyes that glowed red occasionally, an evil smile, blackish purple hair... and her dress fell into the same pattern.

Both of the girls had drastic changes about them. So Hiccup concluded that something had happened to them. He had told Astrid, and she suggested that he tell Jack because it could be important. But he wanted to wait until the right time.

"Hiccup, have you found a way to transport us yet?" Astrid asked, pacing around in anticipation. When she didn't receive an answer, she stopped. "Hiccup." She snapped.

He flinched slightly and sat up, shaking his head sadly. "No. It's simply impossible." He said pushing away from his desk. "Jack Frost isn't helping us much at all. He told us of impending doom. Yet nothing has happened! And I'm not telling any of the council members until I am sure it is going to happen. According to what Ice boy said, the opposing forces are pretty strong." Astrid came up and slammed her hands down on the table, forcing Hiccup to look at her.

"That boy out there," She pointed to Jack as he talk with the rest of their friends. "He has lied to us so many times. How do we know he is telling the truth? How much longer can we keep him a secret before he decides to go exploring?" Hiccup shook his head in defeat.

"I don't know."

"And what if that danger never comes? Hiccup, another lie! This guy is alien to our land, and because he came from, what? The sky? We are just going to listen to every word he says? Kneel at his feet for him to lead us into our own battle?"

"I. Don't. Know." He repeated, this time through clenched teeth.

"Last time I knew, we fought our own fights. We don't let some icy powered freak tell us what, and what not to expect!"

"Astrid!" Hiccup snapped, standing up quickly to level his eyes with hers. "I don't know what to make of any of this. But we have to just... calm down. We have to get all the facts and motivate that lazy boy to help us. I don't care what we must do. But don't you worry. I'm not letting evil take over this island or any other. I mean," Then he grabbed Astrid's hands softly bringing them up to his lips. She instantly blushed. "We've become friends with the dragons and taken out an entire dragon nest before. We can handle anything." He kissed Astrid on the cheek sweetly, then guided both Toothless and Astrid out of the study room to go join their friends for a flight to the rock cliffs. It would be just another night, gazing up into the stars.