Memory Disc (Jace x Reader)

summary : (listen to the song with earphones on while reading, its fun) Y/N had now taken over the L.A. Institute, but why? why would she do it when her home is the New York Institute. A Jace x Reader fic.

I was at the L.A. institute, Emma and Julian had told me to take the day off. I came here for my Emma, my cousin sister. I couldn't let them lose the institute, I decided to take over it. How does it matter anyways, there's nothing left for me at home, at the New York Institute.

I spent the day in the observatory at the tallest tower of the L.A. institute. I sat by the window, rain pouring down heavy, going through my camera roll. It was mostly filled with pictures of the blackthorns and Carstairs, until a few years ago. I found a picture, dates 23rd July, 3 years ago. It was me, and behind me, was a tall blonde, his arms around me. There's nothing I wouldn't do to get those days back... The pictures that followed were pretty much the same, the next specifically of two dark haired shadowhunters, one tall with blue eyes, and one with a beautiful ruby necklace.

I leant my head against the window pane, closed my eyes, remembered that day, a day I could never forget, memories flashing past my eyes. It was the 8th of May of the same year, white and gold ribbons around the institute, light drizzle outside... Isabelle Lightwood rushing about making sure everything was perfect. My parabatai.

The main decorations were in the Garden next to the institute. Magnus Bane turning it into the most beautiful place ever, My best friend. The groom of course, was in panic. Alexander Lightwood making sure he is ok, My elder brother. Tying the strings behind my dress, and putting up pearls in my hair, Clary Fray, the bridesmaid. Trying to distract me from nerves, Simon Lewis, newly minted shadowhunter who had taken up the Lovelace name, becoming my brother. I am Y/N, Y/N Lovelace.

I remember walking down the aisle, Looking ahead and seeing only one person in my vision, Jace Herondale, the one I love. Alec and Izzy on either sides, suggenes and maid of honour.

Then memory led onto memory. A year of joy and laughter, before the shadow fell upon us. Usual mission, no big deal. Alec and I part ways with Izzy and Jace, the routine we practiced since we could start training. Everything was alright, until Alec scream in agony, holding his parabatai rune.

We ran as fast as we could, rushing across the stormy day. But I couldn't save him... I saw him lay there, the rain causing his hair to stick to his forehead, while the puddle of water beneath him was slowly getting tainted in his own blood. I held him until his last breath, tried as many iratzes I could. But deep in, I knew, I couldn't save him. The legend Jace Herondale died that day, in attempt to save his sister, my parabatai. I wish I could say he was brave up until he stopped breathing, anyone else who saw him would've said that, but I knew Jace, I could see the fear in his eyes. Not the fear of death, the fear of leaving us. I attended the funeral, I stood in as his kin, but everything was black and white now. Ave atque vale.

I was brought back to the present when the rain increased.

I could hear his voice though, he used to sing to me at times, like he did at our wedding dance. I could hear him singing over the rain.

'For your eyes only I'll show you my heart For when you're lonely And forget who you are I'm missing half of me When we're apart Now you know me For your eyes only For your eyes only'

I looked out into the storm, that was my past, tainted with blood, I can't change. I don't mind going through this whole thing again, if it means I can start my life over. Those days... I didn't know we were making memories; I only knew we were having fun.

Now all that's left is the memory disc on my phone.