Chapter Twenty

A couple weeks had gone by and I still hadn't gotten around to talking to Lincoln about my dream the other night. He'd been super busy and was constantly in and out of work that we didn't get the chance to see each other much. Whenever he did see me, it would consist of sex, food and then more sex, not leaving any talking time in between. Also, Lincoln seemed to have a lot on his mind and I could tell that something was bothering him other than work. I didn't know what it was but I planned on asking him soon.

Kade and Nina were back which meant Lincoln was no longer staying with me. I literally had to push him out the door so that I could learn how to stand on my own two feet. I kind of regretted it after because I missed being in his arms every night and waking up next to him, like I was now.

"I missed waking up in your arms." I told Lincoln, feeling him shift behind me and snuggling closer.

"I missed it too, baby." The rasp in his voice was so guttural with sleep, it made me squirm as desire pooled between my legs. It was a Sunday today and the gym was closed. I stayed the night at Lincoln's apartment after he picked me up for a late dinner. Lincoln's arms tightened around me when I tried to move away. "Where do you think you're going?"

"I was planning on turning so that I could face you."

"Oh." I laughed at him as he loosened his hold and allowed me to turn. His eyelids were still half closed and his hair was sticking out in different directions. I could really get used to this. The t-shirt of Lincoln's that I'd worn to sleep had ridden up just above my hip bone, baring my pale pink panties. Lincoln took advantage of the bare skin on show and swept his hand over my hip and then settled it on my back, making small circles with his index finger. I sighed in contentment and used my own fingers to trace over the curves of Lincoln's face. I stopped at his lips and smoothed my thumb over them gently, back and forth. Lincoln parted them and unexpectedly took my thumb in his mouth and bit down making me pull back abruptly.

"Ow." I muttered half-heartedly and sucked on it to soothe the slight sting.

"Wuss." Lincoln teased and kissed the tip of my nose. "So...what do you want to do today?" He asked, tugging my body closer to his.

"I don't really feel like going out anywhere." The weather outside was dreary and horrible. Plus, it was that time of the month for me where the bloody demon possesses a woman's body and makes us want to not want to do anything that involves us having to move. "I just want to pig out and relax all day."

"It's too bad we can't do what I really want to do all day." Lincoln said, brushing his thumb across my nipple, over the t-shirt.

"Babe." I moaned, grabbing his hand and shoving it to his chest. "Don't do that when I'm extra sensitive."

"You're no fun." He groused. Rolling my eyes, I sat upright and carefully slid out of the bed. Being a girl is so hard. Men had no idea. "I'm guessing you won't let me join you in the shower." Lincoln said, his eyes following me as I walked around the bed, throwing my hair up into a bun.

"Ew, no way! This isn't a fifty shades drama." Lincoln laughed at that and I made sure to lock the bathroom door to keep the creep, wanting to channel his inner Mr. Grey, out.

Forty minutes later, after both of us had showered-separately-we started making breakfast together. I did the easy stuff, as per. Cracking open the eggs into the pan, I watched as Lincoln expertly chopped fresh kale with speed.

"How come you didn't choose the chef role as a career path? You're really good." I voiced, biting into a strawberry. Lincoln glanced over at me, throwing the kale into a blender and proceeding to chop half a pineapple into small pieces.