right back

Mayas Pov 

I wake up in a hospital bed, a doctor comes in and checks my pupils, my reactions and such. "When am I getting out of this place?" I ask her, she laughs. "Maybe a few days, you've been out for over a year. Slow down." She responds. 

"Where's Car?" I ask. The doctor freezes what she's doing and looks at me, "you remember her?" She asks. I furrow my brows, "of course I remember my wife. Why wouldn't I?" I respond. She grabs her phone and calls someone, she hands the phone to me. "Hey Shepherd, is Maya okay?" She says, it's carina. "Babe it's me. Where are you?" I ask. Carina stutters a little and then hangs up, opening my door seconds later.

"Bambina" she says smiling, "Bella" I respond in terrible Italian. She holds me tight, and sobs. "I've missed you so much... I have so much to tell you." She says. 

"What have you been up to?" I ask her, she looks down at her feet before clearing her throat. "Remember before we got married, we wanted to start having kids? We tried IVF... and it worked. I had a little blonde hair blue eyed baby girl about 8 months ago. So you have a biological daughter now. Y/n is going d1, full scholarship. You missed a lot Bella, but I just want you home now." She says.

Time skip one week 

Carinas pov

Maya got released, so we arrive home and unpack her things. "Where are my girls?" She says, I kiss her gently before walking upstairs. "Mayas home" I say to y/n, and I walk into the baby's room. "Bambina! Mom is here to meet you baby.". I pick her up, and carry her downstairs. 

Maya tears up as I hand her our baby. "Her name is Luna Bishop-Deluca." I say. Maya rocks the baby back and forth, before looking up at me. "You had our baby by yourself again, I'm so sorry baby." She says. "As long as your back, I don't care." I respond. 

I watch as Maya takes care of our baby. I quickly get a picture, I'll want to remember this. She changes her, and then sets her down in her crib. Luna starts crying when we leave the room, and doesn't stop. Maya was upstairs brushing her teeth, so I stood up to go get Luna. Just as I got close to her door, she stopped crying. I began to head back downstairs when I heard a familiar voice. 

Maya was singing. Luma stopped crying instantly. I quietly walk back to the room, sitting in the hall next to the closed door. After about 20 minutes, Maya opens the door quietly and sees me. "How long have you been there?" She whispers. 

"Not long. I was just listening to my wife put our baby back down." I respond. She grabs my hand and helps me up. We head downstairs, and sit on the couch to watch some tv before bed. 

It's not long before Maya is asleep on my lap, I'm running my fingers through her soft blonde hair. Y/n comes home from a friends house, and I shush her as she loudly sets her stuff down. "Luna and Maya are sleeping." I whisper. Y/n nods, and sits next to me. 

Y/n fell asleep on my shoulder. All my girls are here, and I couldn't be more happy. I am the luckiest woman in the world.