Chapter 5 - The Skeld

"Crewmates, welcome to The Skeld!" Calypso annunced, as we all stared at the huge ship in front of us.

"Here we go... " I thought as we filed in.

Once we got in, the dropship closed, making me more anxious.

"This is where we will be for the next two months." Calypso announced. "I'll show you all to your rooms, and later you will be introduced to tasks."

Our rooms were smaller, but none the less, still neat.

I actually like rooms like these. And best of all, we had bunkbeds. But my roomates were different.

Specs was still staying, but my other roomates were Squishy and Lucky. "I wonder when they are coming in."

As if on que, the two came into the room.

"Top bunk, top bunk is mine!" A red crewmate with demon horns exlaimed, dashing up the ladder.

Specs had already claimed the other top bunk, so Squishy had to have the bottom.

"I don't want to be on the bottom!" Squishy's mini crewmate whined.

"Your gonna have to Tattle, but it's not so bad!" It said, trying to lighten the mood.

Tattle flopped on the bed, pouting.

"Here, take Blobbeh." Squishy handed the brainslug on her head to Tattle.

Everyone started to chatter really loud, so I slipped away to get some peace nnd quiet.

I went to Navigation and looked outside.

All I could see was stars dotting an endless black void. It was kinda scary, honestly. I didn't know how long I would be here, or if anyone else would except me as one of the crew.

Sadie sure didn't, and it worried me.

I've never really had enemies before, so how was it going to go?

I stared into space for what seemed to be an hour, just me, my thoughts, and the endless black void.

I was interupted by an annoyingly loud buzzing sound that echoed through the entire Skeld.

It sounded like it was coming from the cafateria, so that's where I went.

Apparently I was too slow, everyone else was there by the time I got there.

I sat down next to Lucky and Willie. Lucky opened her mouth to say something to me, but Calypso spoke first.

"I thought that the time has come for tasks. You all have gotten to know your roomates, right?"

Lucky quietly asked: "Where have you been? We were playing Uno!"

"You guys have Uno?" I asked.

"Specs found it in the drawer. Tattle won, we lost to a little kid!"

Calypso passed sheets to each of us. On them read different tasks names.

"Alright everyone! Get to it!" Calypso said, clapping her hands.

"Wait, so were just suppossed to do them without getting help?" I asked out loud.

"You'll figure them out! I'm sure of it!" Calypso said, walking away. "I'll be in my room if you need me!"

"Well, might as well get started."