Chapter 8 - Uneasy

At that moment, everyone was silent.

I could feel my entire bloodstream turn cold, nothing could be heard but the eerie silent of the Skeld.

Calypso let out a shaky sigh. "E-Everyone, go to your rooms. Me and Ocean need to talk."

Everyone left in silence.

I felt dazed. I felt like crying. I couldn't think straight. When me and Willie finally got to our rooms, I curled up in the bed and held back tears. Someone was KILLED. Someone wanted us all DEAD.

Willie lay next to me in bed. And then he started crying. I imidiatly hugged him. I wanted to say something to him, like "everything is going to be fine", but I knew that it wasn't going to be fine at all.

We are all going to die...

Willie stopping crying and wiped his eyes. "S-Sorry..." He said.

"No. Don't be." I said quietly.

Willie then said he was going to go to sleep, so that meant it was just me for now.

It felt like a decade, but finally Willie was asleep. I decided to go out and walk around The Skeld, I needed a moment to think.

The moment I stepped into the hallway, I got chills down my spine. But still I found myself walking down there anyway. About halfway, someone whispered to me:

"Psst. Over here."

Me being me, I jumped. I turned, and in the dark corner of Navigation, was a black suited female with goggles and long, dark brown hair.

"Come over here for a second."

I knew that was kinda suspicious, but still I found myself walking toward her. She didn't look like she had any intentions on hurting me, so I calmed down a bit.

"Hi." She said once I got close enough for her to not whisper. "My name's Aubbie. Yours?"

"Caylee." I said. "Is there something you need to tell me?" "Yes, actually." Aubbie said. "I think I know who killed Cye."

My face flooding with hope, and my heart began to race. We might have a chance to catch the killer!

"Really?" I said, trying to contain my curiosity. "Who?"

"Well," Aubbie started. "Before they died, they were with someone. The person Cye was with wore a red suit with demon horns. Her name is Clover."

Aubbie continued. "When the lights went out, I could hear them talking, and I'm pretty sure they went into Electrical together. And that's where Cye was found dead."

"It all makes sense!" I said. "It has to be her! Aubbie, we have to tell everyone."

"You mean call a meeting?" Aubbie asked. "If so, then yes."

Once me and Aubbie reached the meeting table, we had pressed the button at the same time, and soon enough everyone was there.

"What's going on?" Calypso asked.

"We know who the Imposter is." Aubbie said, and then pointed to Clover. "It's her."

"What?" Clover said, both suprised and hurt.

"Don't act so innocent. You were the last one with Cye before they died. You even were in Electrical with them!" Aubbie said.

"Which is where they were found dead." I said coldly.

Calypso thought for a moment, before turning to Clover. "Is this true Clover?" She asked.

"N-No!" Clover objected. "I was in Electrical with Cye, b-but I didn't kill them! Somebody vented and killed Cye! I swear!"

The crew glanced at each other, wondering what to do. Willie was just looking awestruck at Clover, then slowly looked down at the table.

Calypso cleared her throat. "Time to vote."

Transparent voting screens appeared in front of us. As everyone voted, me and Aubbie shared anxious looks.

I hope this works.

Everyone's voting was over. The final results was that everyone had voted for Clover.

"W-Wait! It wasn't me!" Clover yelled hopelessly as Calypso dragged Clover to the ejection pod.

I felt a pang of sorrow for Clover as she was thrown in. Clover pounded on the doors, yelling things that couldn't be heard.

Calypso pulled the lever and Clover was shot into space. A small screen above the window turned on. This was the one that would reveal if Clover was the Imposter or not.

Please, please, please let this work. It has to be her...

Suddenly, text appeared on the screen.