Chapter 7 - Cye

Cye's POV:

I didn't see it coming... how could I...? Was I supposed to know someone among us wanted us all dead? Was that supposed to be in the job description before I chose this? Because it most certainly wasn't, and now it was too late... I was gonna die up here in space...

It was just so wrong...

I kinda had a bad feeling about this place since day one, although I had no reason why. I assumed it was just nerves, not a sense of impending doom.

I did my best to avoid people, watched them, and looked to see who to befriend or trust.

"Your just being paranoid..." I thought to myself as I watched everyone do their tasks. "Well what jf your not and something really is wrong? You could help them this way." The little voice in the back of my head argued back.

"How is this helpful?" I asked. "If you see anything suspicious, you can bring it to their attention, you don't know. Watching could save them."

I sighed. "Okay... maybe..."

I watched for a little while longer before turning to do my tasks. I at least had to help the crew...

Refuel engines? Okay, I can do that.

I turned and walked off down the hall, following the map on my screen down to storage.

"Hey Cye!" Someone spoke to me. I felt myself stiffen and made it a point not to look in their direction. "Hi..." I mumbled, pouring the fuel into the jug to take it to the engines. "Whatcha doin?" They asked. By now I'd deduced the voice belonged to a female. "Um... t-tasks..." I stuttered, still not looking to see who the person was.

"Heh, I know that, I me-" Before they could finish the question, the whole Skeld went dark. I helped as everything around me turned pitch black. "Shoot..." The voice sighed. I turned towards the sound of their voice and stumbled towards them.

"H-Hello...?" I stammered, extending my hands to try and find someone or something. "Right here..." They spoke and I turned towards the sound of their voice.

"Hello?" Another voice called. "Relax, it's just us. Me and Cye." They replied. Who's in electrical?

However before I could even think about investigating, someone grabbed me and covered my mouth. "Don't try to scream.." They spoke. I was getting sick of not knowing who was around me, but the worst thing was I had no idea who had just grabbed me... yeah, I suppose I had heard their voice, but I couldn't discern it... whether it was that person in electrical, the person who'd come up to me a mere minute ago to see what I was doing, or a totally different person, I didn't know...

My whole body trembled as they kept their hand over my mouth and I could feel my heart pounding.

What're they doing to me...?
Someone...
Anyone help me...

I was terrifyed and seconds later I felt a searing pain shoot through my chest. I gasped in pain althought it was muffled. I could feel the warm, stickiness of my own blood pooling from my chest.

No... no, no, NO!

The killer didn't stop there as they stabbed me again and again in the neck and chest. I couldn't scream, it would've hurt to much to try... my tears were silent and I could feel my body growing weaker, breathing getting harder.

Eventually the killer let go and I was dropped to the ground, internally screaming in pain.

Everything around me began turning dim... it was hard to see, hard to think...

The lights apparently turned back on and I could hear someone saying something about getting help... but it didn't matter... it was too late for me...

Slowly everything turned completely black and I could no longer hear or feel anything. It was almost empty. Then the light in my vision slowly came back and the first thing I saw was my own dead body.

So... it really is over...? I'm dead and at the hands of someone I thought I could trust...

...

Well...

Good luck crewmates...