Chapter 10: The Test

Martinus's POV

I woke up at 6:00 am to my phone alarm going off, pulled myself out of bed, brushed my hair and teeth, and got dressed for school. I decided to be nice to Marcus this time and wake him up so that we both weren't late on a Monday when we had a history test today.

I opened his door, walked into the room and to his bed, and shook him gently.

"Marcus, it's time to get up, we have a test today," he grumbles but doesn't move and still sleeps. I think for a moment and then I have an idea. I lean close to Marcus's ear and then shout, "Marcus, wake up!!! The house is on fire and Mum, Dad, and Emma are trapped in Emma's room!! You have to save them, Marcus!!!"

He bolts out of bed like a rocket, shooting for Emma's room while screaming, "MUM! DAD!! EMMA!!! I'M COMING FOR YOU, DON'T WORRY!!!!!" I smirk for a second and then run after him.

"Marcus, wait!! Don't open the door!" Thankfully, I reach the door to Emma's room before Marcus does and I block it. Marcus's hair is a complete mess and his face is wild with panic. "WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING, MARTINUS???!!!!! MUM, DAD, AND EMMA ARE IN DANGER!!!" he yells at me.

        "Marcus, calm down and just stop screaming. Everything's fine,"

"Fine? FINE????!!!! MARTINUS, HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND????!!!! THEY'RE LOCKED IN EMMA'S ROOM WHILE THE HOUSE IS ON FIRE!!!! NOTHING AND NOBODY IS FINE!!!!" He pushes past me forcefully and barges into Emma's room. Oh gosh, what have I done!!?

"IT'S OK, EMMA, MUM, AND DAD! I'M HERE TO SAVE YOU AND EVERYTHING WILL BE OK!!!"

Emma sits up in bed yawning, "What's goin' on? I'm tryna' sleeeeeeeppp," and she falls back onto her pillow. Marcus scoops her up from her bed along with two, large stuffed animals that he must've thought were Mom and Dad.

Oh, my gosh, I am SO dead right now!

"Maci! What are you doing??!" Emma exclaims.

"The house is on fire, Emma!!" Marcus hollers back.

Emma's eyes grow as wide as plates, "W-w-WHAT???!! SAVE ME, MACIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!" She clings to him tightly.

"Marcus, hold up! The house is not on fire and Mum, Dad, and Emma are fine. I was trying to wake you up so we wouldn't be late to school!" I explain to him.

        Marcus studies me for a second and then sets Emma down and drops the stuffed animals. "You........you.......HOW DARE YOU, MARTINUS!!!!!!!"

Hooooo, boy! It looks like I better run!

"HOW DARE YOU WAKE ME UP LIKE THIS!!! I WAS SICK WITH PANIC AND IT WAS ALL A TRICK????!!!!! YOU'RE DEAD, MARTINUS GUNNARSEN!!!!!"

Quickly, I sprint down the stairs with Marcus hot on my heels and he chases me all around the house.

"What the heck is going on?!!!!!" I hear dad shout from upstairs and I freeze right where I am, which was a big mistake because Marcus then grabs me and tackles me to the ground. I unsuccessfully try to defend myself, but Marcus is relentlessly attacking and tickling me so much that I give up my defense and just try not to wet myself.

"M-MARCUS...............S-STOOOOOOOPPPP!!!!!!" I squeal with tears streaming down my face as I laugh uncontrollably.

"NEVER!!!!!! Don't you remember that song, Tinus??? I will never, never ever let you GOOOOOOO!!!! Mwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-haaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!"

        I can hear Dad's feet stomping down the stairs but I'm laughing so hard that I can't warn Marcus! He grabs Marcus's shoulder firmly and whirls him around to face him. Marcus gulps and I sit up to try to catch my breath.