Chapter 18

Mia's POV

       I had a wonderful time with Martin, tonight. His mom dropped me off at my house, which I was grateful for, and then he oddly walked me to my doorstep when I was perfectly capable of walking there by myself, but I didn't really mind.

When we're standing in front of the door, we just look at each other for a little bit and I don't know why, but for some reason, my imagination went elsewhere and painted a scene where Martin and I were kissing right there on the porch. Then my dad opened the door and I flushed with heat a little because I had just realized what I was imagining right then.

"Ah, Mia! I knew we spotted you outside. Thanks for taking her home, Martin." Daddy says.

"No trouble at all, Mr. Waters," Martin replies.

Daddy puts his arm around my waist and leads me into the house. I take one more glance at Martin and we smile at each other before the door closes.

       "So did you have fun?" Daddy asks me.

"Oh, yes, it was awesome," I say.

"What did you guys do?"

"We played some of the arcade games and I enjoyed beating Martin's butt at some of the games!"

Daddy throws his head back and laughs, "That's my girl!" he pulls me close to him and kisses the top of my head and I grimace jokingly and wipe it off. Daddy laughs again and then we have dinner with the rest of my family.

       Now as I lay in bed, I'm trying to figure out why the heck I was imagining that while I was standing on the porch with Martin??!!! I just don't understand, he's a nice guy, a good friend, and he listens to my confessions without interrupting, he comforts me when I'm sad, he makes me laugh and he was kind of annoying when he "quizzed me" on the test last week.

But then there were those strange, magical moments when we just stared at each other and both of our cheeks would turn red...I wonder what it would be like to hold Martin's hand? Or what would it feel like to have his arms around me right now as I'm lying in bed? I wonder what his kiss feels like.....wait, WHHAAATTT!!!!!???? I bolt straight up in bed. WHAT THE HECK AM I THINKING RIGHT NOW!!!??????? WHAT IS GOING ON???!!!! This is Martin Garter that I'm thinking about right now!

       Why am I having these kinds of thoughts about him??? It's almost like the way I think about Marcus & Martinus--wait a second. No. NO. Nonononononooooooo!!!!! Aaauuuuuuggghhhh!!!!!!! I have a crush on Martin!!!!! I mean, it's not a bad thing, it's just that it's really shocking to me and I DON'T KNOW WHY IT'S HAPPENING TO ME!!!!! Ugh, now I canNOT sleep because all of this is in my head now and I won't be able to relax! I take out my diary and start writing down everything from my hangout with Martin to my current realization, which has me up till 1:00 am, and my thoughts are STILL keeping me up. Ugh, I think I'll just text someone to see if they're up yet and want to talk. I text Diana, one of my friends from America 'cause right now it's 7:00 pm over there, so she's bound to be up.

Me: "Hey, Diana, u up?"

       A few minutes later, she replies.

Diana: "OMG, girl u haven't contacted me since u moved! What da frick??!"

Me: "I know, I know! I got distracted and kind of forgot about u. Moving 2 another country is a lot 2 process."

Diana: "U FORGOT ABOUT ME?????!!!!!!"

Me: "Diana, let me be the one to, light a fire inside those eyes, you've been lonely, you don't even know me...."