Chapter 17

Martinus's POV

Mia and I were having a great time at the arcade, although she was cheating at the Fifa game, I called a rematch and beat her fair and square! The one thing that worried me was that during the game, Mia was looking very closely at me and when I noticed it and looked over at her, she quickly turned back to the game and her face was red and hot-looking (in temperature).

I don't know if it was because she was almost figuring out my true identity or that she like, liked me.......or both but just in case she was trying to look underneath my hood, I excused myself and went to the bathroom to check it. I adjusted it a bit in the mirror and then went to find Mia.

When I saw her, I smiled and I was about to call her when I froze. There was a familiar-looking blonde guy talking to her and she looked uncomfortable. I got a bit closer to see what they were talking about but also managed to stay out of sight.

"Jake, for your information, I don't like you anymore so please STOP bullying me about it!" Mia told him sternly.

Jake smirked, "Ha, and who have you moved on to? Marcus and Martinez?"

"It's Marcus and Martinus, idiot!" Mia snapped angrily. "And no, they are not my replacement for a crush. Besides, it's unlikely that I'd ever get into a relationship with either of them. Can you PLEASE go away now!?"

Jake ignored her. "Exactly. It's highly unlikely that you'll ever be their girlfriend let alone meet them, or even see them! Amelia, you're just like all the other fans--MandMerrrss--"

"IT'S MMERS YOU BLOCKHEAD!!!!"

"WHATever. I don't care, you're just like all their other fans: they treat you all the same and not one is extra special to them. Marcus and Martinez don't love you. They don't even care about you!!"

I could see that Mia was really starting to hurt and Jake was circling around her like a hungry vulture after its prey.

My blood is boiling SO hot that I can't just stand by any longer! "THAT'S ENOUGH!!" I scream and thrust my fist straight at Jake's nose.

"Martin??!! W-what? Where--"

"I've got this, Mia," I say in a low, dark voice. So much hate is flooding my veins towards Jake right now I want to beat him up until he dies, but I know that wouldn't be right unless he hits me back.

He wipes some blood off his face and laughs terribly, "So this is the guy you've moved on to, Mia? You even got him to fight your battles for you! Wow, you're even more pathetic and worthless than I thought!" he laughs again and then punches me in the gut, knocking the wind out of me.

"Martin!! Oh, my gosh, are you OK??" Mia cries as I fall back, gasping for air and she tries to help me stand up straight.

"'Oooh! Martin, are you OK??'" Jake mocks and then cackles evilly. I can see something snap in Mia's eyes and she walks calmly toward him, looks him directly in the eye, and then kicks him hard in the shins. Jake cries out in pain and I hear Mia call him something so unpleasant that I'm not gonna repeat it.

"Mia..." I rasp.

She looks back over at me, her eyes now soft with worry and carefulness. "Martin, please sit down," she led me over to a chair and I sat down on it.

"Mia, you didn't have to fight him,"

"Yeah, but it felt ssoooo good to put him in his place!" she said satisfactorily.

I laugh half-heartedly "I bet,"

Her face turns serious, "But he also hurt you. One of the people most important to me, and I won't let anyone get away with hurting the people I l-love most."