Chapter 11: Whitney's POV

When I heard Danielle Baadsvik bullying Amelia, I couldn't stand it so I decided to throw her off by roasting her clothes, which left her at such a loss for words, that really all she could say was "Shut up!" and then turn back around in her seat.

After Amelia and I had introduced ourselves to each other, we started connecting and just really enjoying each other's company. She even showed me these hot popstars called Marcus & Martinus, and they are just sooooooo dreamy!!! I haven't listened to their songs yet, but I definitely will when I get the chance to! Anyway, Mia is a really great gal and I can tell we're going to be friends for quite a while.

        She also invited me to sit with her and her friends at lunch, too! I learned that her friends' names are Mark and Martin and they seem like really sweet guys and true friends to Mia but there's one visible thing that I wonder about but I'm too polite to outright ask them about: they wear the hoods on their hoodies so that they completely cover their faces! Or more like their eyes and noses so you can only see their lips moving when they talk. It's so weird and unnatural, but I did overhear Danielle rudely mentioning that to Mia when she made fun of her, so I won't give either of them crap about that.

        Before I met Mia, my life was going somewhat smoothly with a few bumps in the road, but pretty okay after I got over my ex. His name was Brandon and I guess what attracted both of us to each other was our intellect. We were both smart and brainy and we shared the same interests and just got along really well. Brandon, of course, was cute and he had shortish light brown hair and amazing dark blue eyes. He didn't have glasses like me because everyone thinks that the "Nerdy Couples" all look and act the same with their jokes about math and dorky glasses. No, Brandon was a bit popular and we liked each other a lot so we started going out, which gave me so many butterflies in my stomach that I feared I would either puke or get a heart attack!

        In a good way, though. On our fifth date, we went to a beach restaurant that was outdoors and after we ate, we walked alongside the shore, holding hands, and then Brandon stopped. He told me all these wonderful things like how good I made him feel and how I'm like the only girl that understands his jokes and statements. I blushed and said back everything I adored about him and we talked about our future. What classes we would take as electives in our next high school years and the colleges we'd go to and graduate from. Then he took my face in his hands and said, "And.....I just want to be able to do it all with you, Whitney," and from there we had our very first kiss! It was so incredibly amazing that I wanted to always feel his lips on mine, and it was just so.......addicting.

        A few months later, while Brandon was walking me home from school, he stopped me, looked me straight in the eyes, and said, "Hey, Whitney, I um.........I've been thinking a lot lately,"

"About what?" I said obliviously. He rubbed the back of his neck nervously, then to a deep breath, and his face seemed to harden just a little bit.

"I know that I'm older than you like, only by a year, so I obviously know a few things more than you do and we like the same things but........"

I blinked curiously. What was he trying to say??

He took another deep breath and his face completely hardened. "I think I'm too smart for you,"

"W-what?" I ask with a slight chuckle.

"I know a lot more than you do and you have just kept on asking me what the heck I'm talking about and it gets annoying. It's like you've suddenly become like other people: just dumb."

        I reared back in hurt, "B-Brandon!?"

"Whitney, I am too good for you and with the way we're basing this relationship off of--our smarts and what we have in common--just doesn't seem to be working out for me. I'm way smarter than you and you're just dumb to me now. I'm breaking up with you."