Chapter 16: Getting To Know You Part 2

Martinus's POV

I could feel my face burning hot red when Mia accidentally sent me that text and then explained herself. But I also wished that we could be close enough for her to send me texts like that more often...

The days actually went by pretty fast as I was really, really looking forward to spending some time alone with Mia and the weekend finally came. Saturday was such a drag, though!

Me: "I'm looking forward 2 hanging out tmrw😁"

So I texted Mia while I was doing some homework with Marcus.

Mia: "hey! Me 2!😆"

Me: "☺️good 2 know. I can just barely focus on my hmwk rn!"

Mia: "Ha! Me neither!😂But I'm pretty sure some m&m music will help me focus like it always does, so I'm gonna put it on rn😍"

Heh, our music really affects her in a wonderful way I thought to myself.

"Hey, Martinus, you're getting distracted. I think you might want to focus so that you won't be doing this tomorrow also." Mac reminded me.

"Oh! R-right! Sorry, Marcus," I quickly texted Mia goodbye and then went back to my work.

Huh, I wonder if listening to my own music will help me focus better... I quickly searched up a playlist of Marcus and my songs on YouTube Music and put my earbuds in. Nah, it feels weird to listen to my own voice. I'll just play a playlist of my favorite songs by Jason Derulo.

Listening to my favorite songs actually made it a lot easier for me to do my homework and I didn't entirely get distracted by the lyrics even though Marcus looked at me funny a few times, probably because I was humming along to it.

Mia's POV

UGH!!!! Today I could NOT focus on my homework because I was just so darn excited for Sunday to come!!!! It was really, really frustrating and I was actually considering cutting my hair in a fit of rage at my lack of will to focus when Martin texted me.

Martin: "I'm looking forward 2 hanging out tmrw😁"

I stopped the scissors right where they were and picked up my phone.

Me: "hey! Me 2!😆"

Martin: "☺️good 2 know. I can just barely focus on my hmwk rn!"

Heh, he's having the same problem as me. How......coincidental☺️. I took a deep breath and calmed myself down so I was thinking clearly again.

"I know, I'll just put on some Marcus & Martinus music! That'll help me concentrate!" I said out loud and then put on my playlist starting with "Make You Believe In Love" because that song always gets me motivated.

Me: "Ha! Me neither!😂But I'm pretty sure some m&m music will help me focus like it always does, so I'm gonna put it on rn😍"

Martin: "K, bye now! Gotta focus on the hmwk!"

Me: "Bye!!"

For the next few hours, I worked very hard on my homework and when I was finally done in time for dinner, I could feel my brain hurting.

"Mia, you've been working really hard today and I'm proud of you for that," My dad says at the dinner table.

"Uhm, well, it is high school and I get a lot of homework all the time, Daddy," I point out.

"I know, I'm just happy that you're really focusing on your work and getting some good grades, honey." he smiles.

"So are you finished yet?" Mom asks.