Fourty Four | Another Life

Jungkook PoV

"Jin-Young, what are you doing? She's dead." I asked with no emotion.

He didn't answer me but just kept his head on my mates chest, probably not believing that she's dead. We all watched him for about 45 minutes and nothing happened.

"No...I was late...I WAS FUCKING LATE!" Jin-Young suddenly exploded and started crying of frustration.

"Late for what?" Young-Jae asked as he sniffled.

"There was this wolf that's aid he could help Y/N— to bring her back to life." I raised an eyebrow suddenly interested. "But she would come back as a full vampire. I had a fucking time limit if 2 hours to get the liquid in her system...but I was fucking late!" He punched the ground.

"It's not your fault...let's just go home." I turned around and started walking and the rest of them tiredly followed.

Jin-Young kept his head low as he walked next to me and I sighed.

I've lost my mate,
and she's never coming back.

Author PoV

Disappearing wounds, colour slowly filtering back in along with health, nerves unfreeze as fluid gushes down dry tissue and cartilage and lungs pull themselves back together forcefully.

Peacefulness settles in as a page turned in their chapter and there sits another opportunity; another life and another kiss as a cursive line.

Nearing him. Getting closer to him. Excitement drew her closer. A little smile on her lips. His back towards her. Clueless. And about to be surprised by her...his mate.

"I'm back sweetie."

The feeling of the red shimmer glistening ran a shiver down her spine as she stuck her tongue out to press against her pointy teeth as everyone stopped in their tracks.

She stepped closer.

And closer;

Closer;

Closer;

And closer,

Until her front pressed against his back and she pressed a gently kiss on his shoulder and her teeth caught his shirt, causing a small hole to appear. She interlaced her fingers with his from behind and held them tightly.

"I'm here Jungkook, baby, I'm here and I'm okay." She pressed her cheek on his back when she heard a sob come from him as everyone else just stared in shock.

Jungkook slowly turned around and he broke when he saw his mate staring right back at him. He held her cheeks ever so gently that she couldn't feel it, and pressed each other's foreheads together in sadness.

"What..?" His voice came out so small which made her smile.

"I'm here, I'm right in front of you—"

He cut Y/N off with a rough and needy kiss. Their hands interlaced again by their sides as Jungkook leaned forward to get a firmer grip on her lips. Y/N's back bends slightly as Jungkook pulls her body towards his roughly as more tears fall from his eyes.