10

Aeri returned to her room and took her shoes off, closing the door behind her

Aeri returned to her room and took her shoes off, closing the door behind her. The door clicked shut as another opened.

haechan peeked out of his room and saw Aeri looking at him. He awkwardly smiled and walked out of his room, showing himself completely.
"can I talk to you?"

"huh? oh uhm sure"
Aeri walked to the kitchen bench and placed her bag on the bench, opening it to take her book out.

"have you heard about the rumours about me?"

Aeri went quiet, she just continued to empty her bag. Haechan sighed, his lips raised into a bitter smile as his eyes were basically screaming annoyed.

"well it's not true. I just want to know where you heard it from."

"my friend told me, she heard it from her classmate who heard it from someone else. the chain would go on and on. why?"

"why? because it's not true. why would I play with a girls feelings? I have no reason to. I just want this to stop."

"It's only been a few hours it can't be that much of an issue for you-"

"I've been going through getting involved in rumours ever since year ten. one person clearly doesn't like me and my friends."

Aeri looks up at haechan face, feeling slightly guilty for her behaviour. His expression seemed rather honest and truthful, he didn't seem like he was lying. at least she hoped so. 

she placed her hands on the bench, leaning herself on her arms. She made eye contact with haechan as he looked at her.
"I can ask my friend for information where she heard it from."

"okay, thank you."

Aeri got up, holding her stuff to bring it to her room. Haechan suddenly spoke just before she entered her room.
"oh! also renjun and I were only being playful. we weren't meaning to be flirty."

Aeri turned back to him and smiled a gentle smile.
"I guessed"

She turned back to her room and closed the door behind her as haechan cheered to himself quietly.

One less worry was off his shoulder. Aeri seemed fine around him, at least now. The only issue was everyone else on this campus was bound to have heard about it now. so far only girls had bothered them with glares and rude remarks behind their backs. maybe the guys just didn't care.

Haechan's phone dinged and it was a notification from his groupchat, from Jaemin. Something about that chohee girl who was the girl he needed to speak too. Haechan decided he would reply after talking to his parents.

haechan knew he should probably talk to his parents as he hadn't spoken to them since he left the house.

He started calling his mothers phone as he walked back to his room, closing the door behind him as his mother accepts the call.