Chapter 2-David

"What do we do with him?" A cool female voice asked above him.

David opened his eyes to a blurry yet beautiful women. No, siren. He thought.

And not just any siren either. It was the beautiful one with dark locks and turquoise tail. Her beautifully tanned skin was decorated in swirling golden tattoos  down her arms.

"He's awake," said another female voice. Her voice louder and less gentle. "I say we kill him since he's not dead."

The beautiful siren pursed her lips and furrowed her brow. "Artemis, he's awake, don't be so cruel."

David stared at the beautiful siren, curious about what Artemis looked like. He wanted to know if all sirens were as beautiful.

  He got his answer because a second siren swam into view. Her short brown hair adorned with a silver circlet, her tail a shimmering red and unlike her companion she was pale. She was pretty, maybe even beautiful, but not in the same sense as the beautiful tan mermaid.

"Edith, he is a man. I don't care if I am related to him." Artemis approached him and looked into his eyes. "He's obviously still disoriented."

  Edith, the beautiful one, rolled her eyes. "It doesn't matter that your related. He's hurt."

Artemis shook her head in disapproval and leaned on Edith's slim shoulder. David glanced over and with some disappointment, noticed they wore clam bras of matching hues to their tails.

"He's not hurt. If I shot him withan arrow, then yes he'd be hurt. But he's not hurt." She gestured to David, Edith staring at him thoughtfully. "Now I can always hurt him, and then he could stay. But if I hurt him, I'd probably maim him."

"How about we not shoot me," David mumbled. Both Edith and Artemis gave him looks of suprise. "

"Excellent you're awake!" Edith exclaimed, lightly touching his exposed shoulder. "We thought you had been seriously injured."

"Where's my shirt?"

Artemis smirked and gave Edith a sly glance. Edith in return, turned a brilliant shade of red.

"We were checking for, ummm cuts and scrapes." She said awkwardly. "Youre all good, but we accidentally lost your shirt. Probably a curious otter stole it?"

"Yeah accidentally; not like you had a nurse dispose of it or anything."

Edith shot Artemis a look that could kill and Artemis shrugged.

"Well I'd love to stay and chat, but I got guppies to train." She turned to leave and then stopped in the doorway. "I'll be back around dinner. Let me know if we'll have any guest for dinner."