Chapter 12- Artemis

Artemis opened her eyes to a blurry sky of sapphire. Above, a golden plate hung in the sky, and the sound of the sea crashing against the shore was around her.
Groggily, she pushed herself up on her elbows, a sharp pain emitted from her naval. In pain she winced and stared at the pink sand.
"Glad you're awake," a male voice said behind her.
Artemis looked behind her, to see a man lying in a hammock between to palms. He looked so casual, with golden hair and skin like salted caramel.
"Who are you?" She croaked. Her throat dry and her mouth laced with a bitter taste.
The man slid out of the hammock, and approached Artemis. His body lean and strong, with a mesmerizing face and dazzling smile.
"Apollo, brother of you're namesake." He said casually, sitting beside her. He stretched his tan legs and put his feet in the water. "Not to mention, I'm her older brother."
Artemis nodded and looked down. And gave a slight gasp that casuedt her to wince.
Her tail was iridescent in the light, revealing underneath the outline of human legs.
"Yeah, you're pretty close to joining my sister," Apollo said, looking at her tail. "Not sure why'd ya wanna. I mean you could stay with me."
"Why would I stay with you?" Artemis asked, her throat not so sore now.
"I guess looks aren't important to you?"
Artemis shook her head and looked at the legs beneath her tail. Suddenly she looked at her abdomen. A silver scar stretched from her naval to her lower ribs.
"Did you heal me?" She asked quietly.
Apollo responded with a shrug and took her hand in his. His hand was extremely warm and soft.
"I can't." Artemis said quickly, pulling her hand out of his. "I can't, or it would all be pointless."
Apollo rolled his eyes and laid back in the sand, and was silent.
"Where am I?" Artemis asked.
Without opening his eyes he replied, "I'm sleeping. But if you must know, The Island of Crete."
"But that's in the Mediterranean! I need to go back home."
Apollo looked at her and sighed. "You can go home if you want, you're well enough."
"I can?"
"Yes. But my offer is on the table, if you uh, don't like the whole Hunter of Artemis gig."
Artemis gave a small nod. "Thank you Lord Apollo, I shall er... Keep that in mind."
Quickly, she pushed herself further into the sea, and off the shore, the sun god pretending to sleep.
Once far enough in, she dove into the sea, and felt her throbbing abdomen fade to a dull numbing sensation.