Chapter 3 - Edith

Edith stared at the gorgeous mortal man. Well maybe not mortal. If Artemis had been right about his blood line.

"Would you care to stay for dinner?" Edith asked, nervously watching the him. "So we can make sure you have a full recovery.

"Uh huh, sure." He replied. His eyes taking in the room. "Where am I?"

"The infirmary." Edith replied. David returned his eyes to her.

"I know that. But what's this place, like city or whatever, what's this place called."

"Oh, its just the Atlantic Kingdom. Mortals call it Atlantis, although it baffles me." He bit his bottom lip and nodded and returned to looking around. "What's your name?"

"Uh David," replied David.

Edith smiled, thinking about how such a beautiful name fit him. As he admired the room, she admired him.

His slim yet lean physique was quite different from the many males that lived within the kingdom. She admired the hard muscles under his tan skin, and the tight lipped smiled that graced his face.

"Would you care to see the kingdom? It's very nice out."

"Sure!" David exclaimed with the eagerness of a young child. "I mean, yeah sure."

Edith smiled and took his wrist lightly and guided him out of the infirmary.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

"So it's like a regular city?" David asked, admiring the smooth walkway adorned with seashells. "Why do you have walkways if everyone swims?"

"Because it helps us navigate for one." Edith replied, swimming slowly next to him. "Also, our ancestors, were said to have feet. Much like humans, but webbed."

"Like frogs?" David asked, admiring the beautiful coral gardens outside of the marble businesses.

"Sure. Whatever those are."

They walked in silence as David admired the beautiful architecture of the Atlantic Kingdom. Many sirens of varying ages, both male and females went about business. Merchants sold beautiful pearl pottery, while young siren kids played tag.

"It's like my home," David said in awe. It all felt so natural. Even as a school of fish swam by, he though of the young children going to school. "Except, beautiful."

Edith gave a light laugh, as they swam up a an incline. When they reached the crest David gave a gasp, with little air bubbles emitting his mouth.

Below him a beautiful underwater valley unfolded. A gorgeous underwater temple adorned with pearls and gold stood in the center. A gorgeous coral garden much more magnificent then the ones in the city surrounded it. He could see sirens below swimming in a well kept meadow of kelp. There was pavilion off to the east, where he could hear Sirens singing a less tempting song with instruments. To the west, he could see an archery range where a siren taught younger sirens how to shoot.

"This is our tribute to Neptune. Well Artemis says Poseidon."

David was too awestruck to reply, the beauty of the valley was breathtaking. Below, he saw sirens leave things on the steps of the temple.

"Artemis is over there teaching the young archery. She is one of the few female hunters who help defend the village. Over-"

"She said she was teaching guppies", David interrupted.

"Well she calls them guppies because there are so many eager to learn. She really enjoys their companionship." Edith looked thoughtfully down at the archery range. Artemis was easy to spot because of her vibrant red tail. 

"Why does she want to maim me if she's so kind then?" David asked incredulously.

"I cannot disclose that with you. But if you're kind to her, she'll tell you." Edith was quiet for a while. "I know how she is, and if you knew why she is the way she is; you'd be lenient to her as well."

David admired the beautiful valley, and looked at the magnificent temple. "Okay." He said quietly.

For a long time they floated in silence and admired the beautiful valley. Edith thinking about how much she already liked David.

"Lets go back to the palace. Dinner will be ready when we get back." She said, finally.