Author's Note

So basically the way the rest goes is David returns and things are looking up. Well as Artemis' final test, monsters begin to attack. But she becomes overwhelmed, and the hunters, army and citizens are fighting. In the infirmary, Julius is determined to be a hero and reclaim his temporary position. They duke it out and Artemis stabs in his back. (Like Julius Caesar, hahaha.) Julius knowing he won't survive, decides that if he can't have the position she definitely won't. Using his last bit of strength, he slits her throat and the rivals fall.

Meanwhile the kingdom is under attack. Suddenly villagers begin to blame her for the attack. They call for her death, and Edith agrees to step down after the battle. David, fights with her and a second wave appears. Just as things seem helpless, Artemis (the goddess.) Commands the beast to withdraw, seeing as how her namesake has fallen in a battle of pride.

Now with the danger passed, Edith is going to be executed. However, David stands for her and offers her a life with him on land. The people agree, and Edith agrees, however the problem of her tail remains. In the end, the couple agree that they can't deal with the hardships, and agree to split paths. However, as much as David agrees, he can't let her go. Instead the duo agree to roam the seas as travelers.

Sorry, I'm bored of this plot and mermaids. It's tedious. But that's the ending.