XIII (II): You have my same...

Summary:

Alec learns the truth... the hard(y) way XD

Notes:

Helllooooo from us,
sorry for this huge late, but Loki was having some trouble between school and RL.
actually, in Italy we haven't updated since March, here it's different, I still have a whole chapter ready (and the new one we're about to finish, once Loki add her parts) , but I preferred to wait longer not to leave with the loooooong break we've been forced to do in Italy ^^'

if someone still recall this weird WEIRD story, please show up, because we need some support <3

Chapter XIII (II): You have my same ...

Meanwhile, right in that room, the Doctor made the newcomer sit down.

"I have a lot of cakes available, help yourself, anything you want," the Time Lord invites him, cordially.

"Sugar? Oh, please, I just got over my heart problems, do you want to give me new ones with cholesterol?" Alec snaps with a disgusted expression.

He gets up from the table and wanders around that room, nervously adjusting his forelock.

"You have so many of those absurd junk that I didn't even know could exist ..." he grumbles, with the Doctor who smiles proudly, ready to show him around.

"Why don't you have a damn microwave? How can this be bloody possibile?" Alec catches him unprepared.

It's certainly not the question a Time Lord would expect.

"Huh? Of course yes, I have everything. Wait for me here." he tries to please him, walking away.

"Even if I wanted to leave, I don't remember the labyrinthine path we took to get here." Alec grumbles, left alone.

The Doctor is back after a few minutes with what has been requested.
He also took the opportunity to take off that tunic, now he's wearing his typical blue pinstripe suit again.

"Luckily I still had one, mostly to use if I had to assemble something, but it's still perfectly intact and functioning." he explains, plugging it.

Alec doesn't give him any satisfaction, he doesn't bother to thank him, he just looks for a ceramic cup among those available, fills it with water from the sink near there, puts it in the microwave and then turns back to the Doctor.

"Do you have tea?"

The Time Lord's smile widens.

He opens one of those drawers more like filing cabinets, which seems to have an infinite length.

"Are you asking me if I have some tea? I have a collection from all the planets and galaxies of the Universe; there is a tea with stardust, one with a black hole, not the best if you want to soak something inside, then there is an infusion with the ring of Saturn, about the waters of Mars...I preferred to leave it where it was ..." he begins his exposition, saddened by bad memories in the last part, but then he doesn't need to go on any further.

"Okay I've found it!" Alec exclaims satisfied, who has flipped through most of the variants, until he found the one of his interest. "Red tea."

"Red tea?!" Ten repeats incredulously "You have the opportunity to taste teas from every spot in the whole space ... and you want one of the most banal that can exist for a human being, as your final choice?"

"Yes, I do!" shrugs the detective. "Even if I recognize that you have a respectable selection, have you ever thought of leaving the car showroom and opening a tea room?" he asks him as he inserts the filter into the cup, before reheating it in the microwave, for greater safety.

A third shock comes once the operation is over, luckily it is lighter than the others.

-Breathe, Doctor, breathe. You won't throw him into the heart of the TARDIS. It wouldn't be hospitable.- the Lord of Time relies on his centuries-old self-control, rubbing his face with his hands.

- Well, without making me do other unsolicited intercontinental trips ... do you have some milk, classic milk, 'terrestrial' milk, as you would say? - Alec asks him.

He still hasn't managed to understand the Doctor properly.