1: hang the witch

Tamsin Slater, a concealed girl that enjoyed her own company and words printed onto dead trees disguised as slim sheets of potential, went by Tammy. It had always reminded her of her brother Thomas, who had gone by Tommy, and due to their close bond, they had always loved the sound of their matching names.

Tommy and Tammy.

They didn't know whether this was on purpose or whether their parents were just so humorously coincidental that not only had they given their children similar names but had they somehow managed to pass such abilities down to Tommy — who had managed to spice up Tammy's life in the worst way imaginable.

Ziggy Berman.

Tommy decided that dating Cindy Berman, a girl that Tammy had learned to look up to in one way or another, would be the best decision he could make. However, the coincidence in this instance and the cherry on top of it all was that Cindy Berman was the older sister of a girl that didn't appreciate Tammy's existence all too much.

This wasn't because Tammy had done anything to the girl or vice versa, but instead because Ziggy had found it quite threatening that the girl didn't have the same nasty views as the rest of the teenagers at Camp Nightwing but instead wanted to come to some sort of agreement — to be civil by any means.

But Ziggy thought different.

And now Tammy Slater was looking across the clearing at the red-haired Ziggy Berman in low spirits as she was tied to a tree by her hands.

The rough tree bark pressed up harshly against Tammy Slater's warm palms as she peeked around the tree shyly, watching the commotion not too far away. The summer breeze tickled the leaves above her and they formed a flowing sea of green looking down at her. The sounds of leaves brushing against other trees and branches drowned out the harsh words being spoken to poor Ziggy Berman and Tammy closed her eyes to listen.

Tammy wasn't a fan of fighting. She hadn't seen any of it in her household and certainly wasn't used to such confrontation or nastiness towards other people — even if she wasn't the one involved. The only sort of arguments she enjoyed were the fictional ones, the ones residing inside books or scribbled into artwork or the ones on TV.

But never real.

That's the one thing Tammy hated.

Reality.

The girl had been told to go outside and "make friends" as Tommy had phrased it, but Tammy knew this was a dumb excuse for him to sneak around with Cindy Berman.

She was beautiful and Tammy would be lying if she said she wasn't jealous of her looks, however, the girl had never really been one to worry about such things.

Ziggy Berman was also a gorgeous girl but her snide personality had always taken away from that but Tammy was giving her the benefit of the doubt.

Surely there had to be a reason.

But this didn't mean the girl didn't want to be her friend. With their siblings dating it would only make sense, right? They would be related and it would be nice to be friends with someone in such a position. But Tammy knew it would only work if the two of them were willing to put in the effort, and at the moment, it was only Tamsin.

Tammy noticed an uproar from the group and her eyes immediately refocused to see what was happening. Sheila, a bitch that loved to comment on Tammy's anti-social behaviour regularly to the point where you could mistaken her as obsessed, was slightly turned from Ziggy as though she had been hit and a choir of gasps followed, leaving a slight satisfaction in Tammy's hidden body. The teens continued with their taunting until there was a disturbance amongst the group as Will Goode, younger brother of Nick Goode — a councillor that Tammy admired from a distance — removed something from his pockets. The metal reflected off the sun as a glint of a sunray made Tammy wince slightly but she continued to watch anxiously, gripping the soil below her tightly.