3: an eternal adieu

Within minutes the entire camp had heard of the incident, gathering like a swarm around the Mess Hall.

Although, it was no surprise to anyone. Nurse Lane had a reputation about her since her daughter killed her friends before taking her own life. "Like mother, like daughter" they'd mutter but Tammy knew better than to listen to the gossip of Sunnyvale teenagers.

That was until she was sat on a bench receiving butterfly stitches from a paramedic. It stung incredibly bad but there wasn't much else she could do. She shut her eyes tightly, squinting as her cut was dabbed with alcohol, it seeping into her wound and burning it like hot metal.

Tammy slapped her hand onto the paramedic's hand in agony, receiving a shocked glare from him.

"Sorry," Tammy apologised, dropping her hand back onto her lap as they finished up with her face.

"There you go. Don't touch it, it could get infected."

Tammy nodded and thanked the paramedic as he walked away with a kind smile before helping the others load Nurse Lane into the ambulance.

Tammy's fingers began to entangle with themselves as she wiped her tears every now and then, not wanting the rest of the kids to start making up untrue rumours about her too — but she couldn't stop. The sight of a knife almost being thrusted into Tommy's throat was enough for the girl to start up again.

But then she caught sight of Ziggy.

So, she pulled herself together as she got up and walked up to her, her red eyes beginning to burn again.

Ziggy saw the girl walking up to her and looked like she was debating making a break for it or not.

But in the end, decided to stay.

"Hey, Ziggy," Tammy smiled sadly, sniffling awkwardly.

Ziggy didn't reply.

"I'm sorry about Nurse Lane. I don't know what happened to her, she just completely freaked out, I tried to stop her but—"

"I suppose you think she's crazy too?" Ziggy mumbled, playing with her bandage.

Tammy took a step back.

"Huh? What? No. I never said that—"

"But you implied it—"

"No, I didn't!" Tammy rose her voice, catching Ziggy off guard. She seemed surprised as she turned to face the girl a little more.

They stood in silence for a moment.

"I suppose she did that to you then," Ziggy gestured to Tammy's cheek and she nodded hesitantly. Ziggy nodded too but in understanding.

And just as the girl's seemed to be having a moment, three girl's came into their line of sight.

It was Sheila.

"Hey, Witch. So sorry. I know you and Nurse Psycho were close. I guess you can visit her in jail now," She grinned, standing awfully close to the two girls.

Her eyes scanned Tammy's face before she scrunched up her nose.

"You've got some luck. You should be glad she didn't butcher you and your brother. It would've been an awful shame."

Tammy's breathing began to slow, her shoulders slouching slightly as she looked from Sheila to Ziggy.

"Fuck off, Sheila," Ziggy snarked, stepping slightly in front of Tammy as though she would take any more blows from her.

And so Sheila took a step forward.

"By the way, I think you might wanna check your stuff. I think there was an accident in Cabin Five."