Piper

The next morning I get up early and grab running shorts and an oversized sweatshirt.

I walk into the dry Arizona heat, the sun was just breaking over the horizon.

I look around and see I'm the first one up. I decide to do some self-reflecting.

The gods are real, my mom is Aphrodite, goddess of love. I'm dating the golden-boy Jason Grace.

Which makes no sense.

Not that I'm dating a hot, blonde, over-achiever. That is exactly my type, it's the fact that Jason is well, a man.

No offense men.

Unless you are straight and cis, then full offense.

I'm a lesbian.

Or I was.

I'm kind of confused, I don't like guys romantically, when I kissed a boy during spin the bottle I felt sick, I never had crushes on guys. I remember forcing myself to like Troy Bolton, when I actually was staring at Gabriella Montez.

So how am I in a long-term relationship with a boy?

Jason is great, super sweet, nice, perfect best friend material.

What Jason said, about him not remembering anything, it makes sense. It's like I was in those spy movies and instead of my memory being erased, it was replaced. But that's not normal, how does that work?

"Hey." A groggy voice that has drowned out my memories calls.

"Hey Jason." I look up at him, gray sweats and a white t-shirt that amplifies his toned muscles.

"How are you doing?" Jason asks as he sits down across from me.

"Good." I answer dryly.

We sit in silence for a while, both of us staring at the ground.

"We didn't date Piper." Jason says.

"I'm a lesbian." I say at the same time.

"Well that solves that." Jason says throwing his head back laughing. His shaggy blonde hair falling behind him like golden rain drops. "No hard feelings?"

"No hard feelings." I say.

"Question."

"Shoot."

"Did those memories make you realize you're a lesbian, or did you know before?"

I stare at him right in those sky blue eyes, "They made me a lesbian."

"I-" Jason stuttered.

I laugh, "I'm messing, I've known for sure, since middle school. I've suspected since earlier then that."

"Cool, cool." Jason says.

"You straight then?" I ask.

"Yea." He says quickly. "Support of course, just not me."

"Nice, we need at least some people who can populate the Earth."

Jason smiles, "So Piper, I don't know if you can tell when other people are, uh, not straight, but my sister, Thalia, is she straight? I know I should ask her but we just reconnected and I don't wanna over step my boundaries."

I look at him straight, well as straight as I can get, faced, "Jason, she has short choppy, black and blue hair, what about that screams straight to you?"

"Listen," He says. "I don't wanna use stereotypes or anything. Honestly it doesn't matter, she can't date or anything, but I did wanna make sure nothing would happen with her and Leo. I know it would be her choice, but it's Leo."