Sand Passion

Kaleana was on fire.  Roasting was a better word for what she was feeling at that moment.  For the last three weeks, Gaara had introduced her to the depths of Chakra and grasping its power.  She was amazed at what all she could do already.  He was a very intuitive teacher... and he was currently teaching her the depths of passion.  He had been hesitant in the beginning when he would kiss her, learning intimacy slowly.  Yet the way that he would kiss her made her want to swoon.  Every day as soon as they were done with training, he would pull her into his arms.

She would have giggled had he not been turning up the heat at the moment because she was beginning to discover that he seemed to have a thing for her ass.  He had been slow at first, but his hands would almost always now slip down to grasp and squeeze it while they were kissing.  He had surprised her today by asking her back to his place after practice.  She had readily agreed, excited at the prospect of finally being truly alone with him.

An elaborate dinner had been prepared and waiting for them.  Candles had been set up and burning all around the room.  She had been amazed at the details he had put in, not knowing if she would agree to come to the penthouse he was staying at while in the Leaf.  The curtains were pulled back and the view of the village was breathtaking from the location.  No one had ever taken this much time or thought for her.

They had spoken quietly as they ate but his eyes were intense as he looked at her.  The green seemed to be brighter.  As they finished the meal, he crossed his arms in front of himself.  She could feel that he was nervous, even though his demeanor and expression was the same as it always was.  She was thankful that she had the ability to read him so clearly.  She never would have known he had been attracted to her if not for that ability.  He was outwardly a shield but there was so much depth to him, and she was able to see into those depths. If she thought, she loved him before her feelings had only deepened over the last three weeks.

Gaara had shifted in his seat.  "Keleana... I will have to return to the Land of Sand soon.  Your skills are at a level now that I believe you not only could defend yourself but also restrain your abilities.  You no longer need me as a teacher.  You have what you need to continue growing and becoming stronger."

Her eyes had started to burn as she looked at him.  She knew he would leave eventually but faced with the reality was hurting her heart so badly.  Even more so as he did not even have a reason to have her return with him.  So, this was good-bye.  She clinched her hands tightly together in her lap, trying her best to keep the heartbreaking emotions out of her voice.

"I understand... thank you, Gaara, for everything," she managed to say.

Gaara could see that she was trying to keep her emotions in check.  Inwardly, he smiled knowing he had made the right decision.  She had the ability to move beyond emotion, which would be vital for the role he wanted her to play.  She held an inner strength that would hold up despite the circumstances going on around her.  She had beauty and grace, wrapped up in soft sweetness.

"Keleana, I have a new role I would like for you to be," he had spoken softly.  "I want you to come back with me to the Land of Sand."

She had been stunned and met his eyes once more.  "You... want me to come with you?"

"Open your senses, Keleana," he spoke again.

Keleana connected fully with her Chakra and the emotion that rolled over her was stunning to say the least.  Love.  Gaara loved her.  She gasped and he leaned across the table, taking her hand in his own.  One of those rare Gaara smiles crossed his features, making her stomach flutter.  With his other hand, he opened up a small box and set it on the table in front of her.

"I want you to come with me as my fiancé," Gaara then said.  "You have all the qualities I would ever need as the wife of the Kazekage and I know it has been a short period of time, but I have come to love you very deeply.  Will you marry me?"