Baby Vows

Klaudia was still shaken as she sat silently, waiting for Hidan to return.  She felt awful as she sat there, wondering if she had consulted the universe instead of being scared of what she might be told, if this could not have been avoided.  Now her friend was kidnapped, and her husband had died.  Only the resurrection Jutsu Melissa performed had brought him back to life.  Neo's face was almost white as she sat silently next to her.  They had almost been out the door when Kakashi was suddenly tossed into Melissa's arms.

She shifted her eyes away from Neo to where Keleana was sitting with Gaara's head in her lap.  Her fingers were sliding through his red hair and the expression on her face was one of sorrow.  Her other arm was wrapped around him and Klaudia could almost read her thoughts as she held her husband, thankfulness that it hadn't been him that had arrived all bloodied and on death's door.

Neo hissed beside her, drawing her attention back to her.  She frowned slightly as she noticed the look on her friend's face.  "Are you okay?"

Neo rubbed her belly while wincing.  "Yeah, these two are really laying into me though."

Klaudia could see her friend's belly moving as the two children moved about inside her.  Her brows rose, it was almost mesmerizing watching them but knew it had to be extremely painful for Neo.  She was such a petite and thin woman to begin with and she had not gained a lot of weight with the pregnancy.  She opened her mouth to say something when to her horror, she felt a rush of fluid flush out of her to soak the floor.

Neo's mouth dropped open, "Oh shit, now?!  Really Klaudia?!   You're going to have that baby now?!"  She turned to where Sakura was standing next to Neji guarding the only entrance.  "Sakura!!"

Klaudia scowled at her, "As if I made the decision to have this baby now."  She then moaned loudly as a contraction hit her.  "Oh god..."

Sakura looked over then moved quickly to Klaudia's side and placed her hand on her stomach.  The green glow that followed lasted only a moment before she gave a soft laugh.  "Oh my, this one is definitely on its way."

Melissa came into the room as Sakura was wrapping her arm around Klaudia to assist her to the hospital.  She had stepped out only for a moment to wash Kakashi's blood off her hands.  "What did I miss?"

"I'm having my baby," Klaudia answered.  "Please tell Hidan where we went."

Neo came up next to her then abruptly grabbed her forearm and almost bruised it as her hand clinched.  "Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit... what the fuck..." Neo groaned while holding her stomach.  "What the hell are they doing?"

Melissa's eyes widened before she turned towards her and placed her hand on her stomach to probe her with her chakra.  Her eyes widened and then she started howling with laughter.  "Oh shit, Neo.  You're in labor too.  Your water just hasn't-" As if on cue, Neo's water broke as well.  "Never mind that... We better get you there too."

"No, no, no... it's too early.  I still got a while yet-"

"You're having twins, Neo.  They often come sooner than expected," Melissa told her as she wrapped her arm around her to start the trek to the hospital.  "Damn men are never around when you need them.  What are the chances you both are in labor at the same time?  It's almost comical." Neo glared at her as another contraction hit her and Melissa let out a small howl as she squeezed the hell out of her.  "For god's sake, Neo... remember I'm pregnant too.  You trying to make me go into labor with you two?"

"I want Itachi and I want him now!" Neo howled.  "That man is gonna suffer like I am!"

Melissa was doing her best to keep her patience as they moved slowly along.  Just ahead of them was Klaudia and Sakura.  Neo was momentarily distracting her from the fear and worry she would be having for her best friend if she wasn't preoccupied.