Chapter 14 ~ I Thought We Were Something Too

The press gets hold of the week Liam and I are spending together. The press hit the papers again, Danis back on the case, and Liam’s is annoyed. “I tried to help you” he explains “and your causing trouble, you know I don’t need Dani, and I’m getting the feeling I don’t need you” I look at him stunned, dumbfounded “I thought we were something, I have helped you in a lot of ways, made you aware Liam, and this is no thanks” he looks at me, he knows he’s hurt me, “I’m sorry, MJ, its just getting way to much, I’m tired of it sick of it, its messing with my head, my heart, my feelings” I sigh, I think I understand, its been going on fair to long. I’m sick of it too, sick to the brim, of it. But what more can I do? Really? That’s there not a thing. Liam’s angry, I know he wants me out, I know it hurts, I’m hurting, and I’ve had it.

But after all Liam and I have encounter I thought we were something, friends, aqquatinces  but now it feels like enemies. Full blown and that hurts. Dani wanted to know if they were something, now I want to know if I meant something. I don’t feel that way right now, I collect my stuff and await Liam’s return in my cabin. I don’t think I can stand it all over again, her rumours, my name in the paper, the vibe of un happiness, that comes of Liam. Its not my fault that I’ve put the pieces together and its made a puzzle he doesn’t like, sure he admitted it, that’s one thing, but it doesn’t fix it all by far. I think its time to call it quits. I know I need to, cause the papers going at me and my family are enough. And if he can’t trust me and hear that Dani might be part of it, I never meant anything, I was never something ever. And I won’t be now. So I pack my things, and tell myself to come to terms with it , I promise myself I’ll move on and get over it, I’m a fan with a secret, that can’t share it, cause the world will get angry.

It’s eating me out, and I’ve had enough. I grab my bags, call a cab and climb in, that’s when Liam’s car arrives. He rushes over to me, as the cab starts to pull out. “Wait” He calls trying to out run the car “I thought I meant something, you meant something to me don’t go please” the cab stops, maybe the driver knows I wanted it to, I’m unsure. I climb out, I ask myself if its to late for an apologise, or if its to late for him to realise, something in my heart tells me its not.

I rush up to him and hug him. He hugs me back. “Do you have to go?” he asks voice shaky, I think carefully about my response, I nod and wipe tears. “You’ve got things to sort out Liam, I’ve got to get my life in order” He nods, I know he’s trying to understand and find away to keep me, but none of what he can say will keep me here. Of mean something, but that’s just the start of everything. There are things that he needs to sort out with Dani, and the rumours about him dating Leona Lewis. I’m not going to be part of it, I’d like to help him, but the problems that have been created he can only really blame on Dani and the press. And I’ve had it with the press, I’ve had it with Dani, and I know Liam needs time to work it out. I hug Liam one last time, knowing it might be my last time. I turn and climb back into the cab, and leave Liam staining speechless, behind the cab as we turn away,