Chapter 6

Bella sighed in relief as soon as Alice confirmed her vision and she took out a chair and sat down, trying to relax from all that happened earlier.

"I can't believe that you were able to get him to come back" Alice shook her head in disbelief and then she eyed her speculatively.

"Now, what's this about Victoria? I haven't been keeping tabs on her but I didn't see her make any decision to come here" Alice sounded irritated at the idea that she was caught surprise by this news. That was no surprise to Bella though. Alice may be able to see the future but her visions can be easily deflected if one was trying not to make a conscious decision about their path or if they try to alter their actions at just the last moment. It looked like this Victoria knows a thing or too on how Alice's visions work and how to work around it. If that was the case, she was not to be underestimated.

If she was still in her vampire body and in her future, Jasper and her would have enjoyed the challenge of catching her but then again, she was glad that in her reality, Victoria was already out of the picture.

"The pack has spotted her trying to break in their defenses. That's the reason why they are constantly on patrol right now and why they're so on edge when you arrived I guess" Alice nodded in understanding.

"I'll have to contact the others and see what they'd like to do. We're not going to let Victoria get away and hurt you Bella" she reassured her and Bella smiled at her sister.

"I know"

"It might be due for us to return to Forks then." She added and Bella remembered that they were still in Alaska and realized who was at the Denali's.

"Wait, could you hold it off for now? Coming back I mean..." Bella asked.

Now that Edward was returning, Bella can at least start looking into the idea of getting back to her own future and reality. The first step was to find someone who might have an idea about time travelling or alternate realities or any unusual vampire gifts that were related and Eleazar was just the right person. As a former member of the Volturi guard and with the ability of finding gifted vampires, he was the next best thing without going directly to the Volturi. She's consulted him several times in her lifetime and she hoped that with the Cullen's there, it would be easier for her to get his help since he doesn't know her yet.

"Why?" Alice looked confused.

Bella wasn't sure how to phrase it to her sister. Should she tell her first? Or should she wait until everyone was together? Bella decided that she could at least give her an idea on what she wanted.

"I was hoping... that the family can help me with something. I could use Eleazar's help as well" The vampire eyed her curiously.

"How do you know Eleazar? I know we've mentioned about our cousins but we haven't mentioned his name to you before"

"It's a little bit... complicated but... can you trust me? I'll tell you everything... what's going on... when every one's gathered. It'll save me the trouble of having to explain twice"

"Was this what you were trying to say to Edward over the phone? " Bella nodded and Alice thought it over.

"All right... but will Charlie allow you to go? " Alice asked tentatively.

"I'll worry about convincing him. I'm sure he won't oppose for me having a much needed vacation after all I went through" Bella just hoped Charlie wouldn't be too opposed that she was going to be with the Cullen's, the ones who caused her grief in the first place.

"Fine... I'll call the others and tell them to expect us. "Alice finally agreed and she took out her phone and was about to dial.

"Oh, and if you can find a way to call Edward and tell him to meet us there. I think it would be much better if we had our talk without having to worry about Charlie's wrath" Alice hummed in agreement.