Chapter 24

Selah
^^^^^

My eyes popped open as I heard the rain splashing against my window. I sat up slowly to see Micaiah's hoodie in the corner. Memories from last night flooded my head as I sat there.

I hate that man.

He was gonna leave me with our children- excuse me, my children, according to the nigga that loaned me his sperm to fertilize the fetuses in my womb.

I checked my phone to see texts and missed calls from the Sienna, Gio, Leo, Micaiah, and Ms. T.

I sighed as I threw my phone down. I know my friends just needed answers to their dumbass questions and I didn't want hear that right now. I didn't want Micaiah's dumbass apologies. I contemplated calling back Ms. T. I knew she would break her foot off in Micaiah's ass but I liked the idea of that.

He deserved it. I dialed her number and she answered immediately.

"Naomi, what the hell happened? Because that boy is not speaking." She sighed in the phone. I could hear she was just as upset as I was.

"This nigga said he wasn't gonna be there for me or our children. Ms. T, he really hurt me and that's not something I'm just gonna get over. Yeah, maybe I should've told everyone he was the father, but him threatening me was wrong." I  said into the phone as tears started to fill my eyes. I heard her take a deep breath before she spoke again.

"Selah, I apologize on his behalf. Don't answer his texts or calls, okay? Ignore that man." She spoke seriously.

"Yes, ma'am." I said before she hung up on me abruptly.

I looked down at my pregnant stomach, rubbing it slowly.

"I'm sorry your daddy doesn't want us. But, it's okay." I cracked a smile as I started crying again.

Micaiah
^^^^^^^

"I know damn well you didn't dare say that shit to Selah!" Mama busted in my room.

"Mama." I sighed.

I was already feeling like shit and I didn't need a lecture right now. I felt terrible and I've been trying to call Selah for hours. I've texted her multiple apologies and I've gotten no response.

"No, shut up. That girl never did shit to you. She might have messed up for once but all she has ever done was be here for you. I'd be damned if your mom ever thought to say that shit to me."

"Mama, I'm trying to apologize to her."

"No, no. Don't apologize. Stand on what the fuck you said. I hope she doesn't take your dumbass back." She stormed out my room. She slammed the door, making me flinch.

"What the fuck!" I yelled out in anger. I really fucked up.

Of course I didn't mean that bullshit I said to her, I was just angry and I wanted her to understand where I was coming from.

I tried calling Naomi again and she immediately declined.

"Baby, pick up." I called again and she declined once again.

I just wanted to know she was okay. It had only been like 9 hours since I've been away from her and it was already fucking with me.

I looked at the texts from Gio. He was telling me congratulations and how he was happy for me. Sienna was doing the same but she was asking some nosey ass questions.

Leo just told me that I should name the babies Leonardo and Leonie. Which I definitely wasn't gonna do. I probably didn't even have that opportunity anymore.

I didn't know how serious this was. Selah has ignored me and cussed me out before but I wasn't sure how long this shit was gonna go on for. I didn't want her to go through her pregnancy alone. And I definitely didn't want her to raise our children alone.

It was eating me up that I couldn't at least speak to her.  I know that was a shitty thing that I said and it should have never uttered my mouth but I just need to talk to her.

Taking me away from my thoughts, I heard knocks from my bedroom door.

"Come in." I looked over to the door and Mom slowly made her way next to me.

"What did you do, Micaiah?" She looked at me with sad eyes.

"I messed up, Mom." I put my face in my hands.

"I know you don't need a lecture from me but your mama and I never raised you to disrespect any woman. I'm trying to figure out what could have possessed you to even think about saying something like that. Especially, to the only girl that has ever been there for you. Selah was your best friend before she was anything else. You will never find anyone like her. So, I hope y'all can work it out because I want to see you happy and I want her to be happy too. But, whatever she decides, you have to respect that." She spoke softly.

This really just made me feel worse. I really didn't have anyone like Selah to comfort me and I just destroyed that because ai was angry.