15. The Meeting

I went inside the store and my eyes immediately roamed around. Looking for one particular person. I went to every aisle. I saw the paint section.

I check each shelves. I grabbed one of them and saw a familiar face on the other side of the shelf.

Elizabeth.

Oh.My.God.

She is stunning..

Elizabeth is wearing a flowy floral dress. She bent down as she grabbed another paint. I quickly took a small bottle of paint with me and went straight to her. I bumped into her and purposely spilled paint on her dress while she's occupied.

"I'm so sorry!" I said acting as if it was by accident.

She quickly turned around and looked at me. Her eyes and everything about her is way prettier up close. I didn't know what else to say. Her beauty rendered me speechless.

"Are you okay?" she worriedly asked as she examine if I got stain on my clothes.

Are you okay.. the first thing she ever said to me. I've done her wrong and the first thing she asked me was if I'm okay. She grabbed an off colored floral handkerchief and handed it to me.

"Here. You got paint on you too." she said softly.

"Oh my god. I'm really sorry. I was in a hurry that I didn't know the lid of the paint I got was open. You should take the handkerchief instead. Your beautiful dress is all covered with paint." I replied. Trying to hand her handkerchief back to her.

She smiled at me and said

"No worries. It's just paint."

Wow. Could you be any more beautiful than you are right now? How could be so nice? Are you being for real?

"how about this, I take you out and get you a new dress? Are you in hurry?" I asked her.

"Oh, no. I'm actually free today so don't worry. It's alright. Really. You don't have to get me anything." she answered.

Is Elizabeth trying to kill me with kindness? Because it's working.

"I insist. If you're not doing anything today, at least let me do something for you. I don't think I could sleep tonight knowing I did something bad to someone. Even by accident." I said.

"Let me get you a coffee or something. Hmmm..you know..I've been feeling awful a lot lately and I thought painting might be a good distraction. It would mean the world to me if I could talk to someone about art and painting." I continued.

"Please." I added. I'm aware how pushy I sound right now. Or maybe I'm really trying to see how pushy I could get with Elizabeth.

She paused for a while and looked back at me and smiled. I stared at her looking at her face for any trace of discomfort or awkwardness, yet she smiled so genuinely at me.

Is her kindness mocking me?

"I guess. Yes. Of course How could I say no to that." she answered.

"Lily by the way." I said as I offered my hand to her.

Lily is a nickname Anthony gave me when we were still together. He said I reminded him of that flower. I can't reveal my name to Elizabeth. At least not yet.

"Maddy. My name is Maddy." she answered while she accepted to shake my hand.

Maddy...huh? Elizabeth, where on Earth did you even get that name? Are we just lying to each other now? Coming up with random names? Or did Anthony give you that name too?

My thoughts were cut off as soon as I realized how soft and smooth her hands are. I've never been this close to her in person. It felt so surreal. And something about it felt so right.

"Nice to meet you Maddy. I'm truly sorry for what happened. Shall we go to a nearby cafe then?" I replied.

Elizabeth nodded. I lead the way to a cafe we found. I checked my surroundings making sure no one will be able to identify me. Elizabeth followed me. I saw Mateo in one of the seats. He glanced at me and nodded as if confirming that he checked the area and it's safe to proceed. I went at the very back of the cafe, a more secluded area. Mateo has already reserved the table for Elizabeth and I. I just made it seem like it was just a random spot.

"This is my first time here. I hope this spot is okay for you?" I turned to her and asked. Elizabeth smiled at me and nodded. We both sat down.

Everything happened as planned. We both ordered and I learned some interesting things about Elizabeth in the process.

Why am I even excited to learn more about Elizabeth? When it should be Anthony I should be asking her about?

***