Chapter Thirty-Two

Watching from the sidelines, Omar knew something was wrong. Very wrong. The excuse for what was happening was a blatant lie, being very vague. When he approached before, he was told nothing serious. Something he found hard to believe for the wedding to be delayed in such a manner.

His gaze zoomed towards his sister, who suddenly had a guard at her side. Not one of theirs, searching for her guard. Dread clenched his belly tightly as he headed across, grabbing his sister's arm, and drawing startled eyes. Ones also nervously darting around.

"What have you done?" he hissed.

Eyes wide, hand planted on her neck, she blinked up at him. "I do not know what you talking about?" her voice wavered, then gave a weak cough into a hand as she peeked around. "This isn't acceptable."

"No, it isn't. You have gone too far this time if you have caused this upheaval." Stepping behind her, Omar had a quiet word with the guard on her other side to be informed the princess was under house arrest and not allowed to leave the palace.

Nodding, he searched for his father, Sajid, who was speaking to King Faheem, Tarazi's father, heads together. "Tell me, what did you do?" he asked with dread.

"Nothing," she pouted, crossing his arms. "How could I do anything? You have never left my side, ever since we arrived."

"With good reason, you got the man shot," he hissed, then sighed. "There is nothing more I can do. You started this and will have to play it out. I hope for your sake the princess isn't harmed."

Her eyes shot up, wild. "She is not a princess," she snarled with venom followed by a sucked-in breath, tossing back her hair, chin jilted out. "I am of royal blood; they cannot touch me."

"Yes, you can if found guilty of treason. There will be no protection for you, not from the palace or the family. Do you really think they will tolerate such conduct that could rip apart two kingdoms? Think again, little sister, they will disown you."

He went to leave her side when stopped by a hand on his arm, glaring at her with hard, cold, dark eyes. He had had enough of her spoilt behaviour. "What are you going to do?"

"Something I should have done in the first place," throwing off her grip. He walked away without looking back, joining his father, who glanced across, stern-faced, mouth tight in a thin line.

"We need to talk now," he added with a hiss.

Faheem shook his head. "Not now."

"I am sorry, your Majesty, but I need to know what this is about," he lowered his voice, "Ashley Cosgrove?" His father straightened, glancing over his shoulder towards his daughter. "Astra's bodyguard is not here." Holding up a phone, Faheem flicked through and showed him some live footage.

"Is that him?"

Shock rippled through him. Even if there had been a possibility, he hadn't wanted it to be true for his sister's sake. "Yes." And he had Ashley Cosgrove trapped.

"What is he capable of? How far would he go for the princess?" The King asked in low tones.

Sajid's nostrils flared, ready to storm off, but stopped by Faheem. "We cannot have any form of a scene at this time. My sons will sort this out. However, we cannot turn a blind eye to this any further. Princess Ashley is family." Only to look down as Adela joined his side.

"Sorry, everyone is getting restless and asking questions. What about the broadcast?"

"Technology issues. I will deal with the other." He sent a text via the phone to Yasser, who would pass it on to his sons.