ONE

Alexis stared intently out of the window of the hotel like she did most nights, anxiety in her chest and a pain in her back

Her left hand was holding her right shoulder as she carefully stared down at the dark street.

Wanda looked up from the book she had been reading and closed it, making sure to bookmark it.

"Mon amore." The red-head stood up. "Not again."

"I know love, I know, I just miss home." Alexis replied.

Though, she did not look up from the window nor did she move her left hand away from her right shoulder.

Wanda sighed and picked up Alexis's hand, then dropped it to her side. She pulled Alexis's black shirt to the side and kissed her shoulder, just where her brand was.

Alexis jumped back and stared at Wanda with wide eyes.

"Love, it's been two years. You know you don't have to hide from me, and you know you can't even if you tried. Also, if you wanted to hide from me, I wouldn't have seen that brand so many time in the past two years."

"I know, I just...my chest hurts and my heart is pounding. I just can't shake the feeling that something is happening."

"I promise you, nothing is going to happen. And if it does, I'm here. I'm always here."

Alexis half-smiled and gave Wanda a small kiss.

"Do you remember the night we first came to Europe together and we were in Italy?" Alexis reminded.

"And we got strawberry gelato." Wanda added.

"Yeah. I miss that. I miss that feeling of when we first arrived and I felt so free and I felt as if we can do everything. Now, I just feel like I've seen enough. You know?" Alexis explained.

"You're homesick. You miss Pepper and Happy. And of course Ryan. But most importantly, you miss your dad. You've been without him for so long and you just need his touch. Rebecca's anniversary is coming up soon and you've been dealing with the fact that you were almost turned into a super soldier. There are a lot of reasons to be feeling this way, mon amore, but that doesn't mean you have to give into it."

"How do you do it?" Alexis asked.

"How do I do what?" Wanda furrowed her eyebrows.

"That! How do you do all of that when you've also been through so much loss in pain in your life?" Alexis clarified.

"Well, it's all up in there." Wanda tapped Alexis's forehead. "You know all of these things already, you just needed to be reminded."

"I love you."

"I love you more."

"Well, I love you even more."

"I love you most."

Alexis grinned and the two shared another sweet kiss with each other.

"How do you think Vis is doing? I haven't seen him walk through our wall in at least an hour."

Vision had turned off his location and got in contact with the two females a bit ago, joining them on their journey.

"'Tis true. Maybe he's finally learned about privacy?" Wanda suggested.

Alexis gave her a look and Wanda slightly giggled.

"Shall we head to bed?

"I think that's an amazing idea."

Just as the two girlfriends were about to get in their bed and fall asleep together, Vision walked through the door.

He was in his human form, of course, so nobody could recognize who he was.

"Speak of the devil..." Alexis muttered.

"Night, Vis, what is going on?" Wanda sat up.

"Hello, Wanda. Alexis, I have a surprise for you." Vision informed.

"A surprise?" Alexis raised her eyebrows.

"Yes, a surprise. Follow me."

Alexis gave Wanda a concerned look and Alexis stood up, her bare feet touching the carpet, Wanda right behind her.

The two cautiously followed Vision out into the hallway to find out what would be waiting for them on the other side of that door.