FOURTEEN

Alexis gave Tony a kiss on the head before following Rhodey out of the room to where the others were gathered

"Bruce gave him a sedative. He's probably gonna be out for the rest of the day." Rhodey informed.

"I don't blame him for getting mad, though." Alexis said.

"We know." Steve nodded, rubbing her back.

"You guys take care of him and I'll bring him a Xorian elixir when I get back." Carol began to walk away.

The brunette stepped in front of the blonde, stopping her.

"Where do you think you're going?" Alexis raised an eyebrow.

"To kill Thanos." She responded.

"Fine. I'm coming."

"Awesome."

The two girls began to walk out of the room, Alexis pushing back her now short hair.

Natasha stopped them. "Hey. We usually work as a team here. You of all people should know this, Alexis."

"We don't really feel like such a team now. Not after half of us fucking disappeared into thin air!" Alexis yelled.

"Alexis, look, we all understand you're hurting inside, but at some point you need to realize others are hurting too. We all lost people and this isnt just about you. Or Ryan. Or Wan—."

Alexis's eyes filled with tears.

"Don't...Don't speak her name. I don't want to hear it from any of your mouths."

She turned away, walking to the hallway that she had hid herself in for weeks.

Chills went up her spine as she walked to Wanda's room. The hallway felt icy and isolated, like it had stood alone for weeks, getting chilled.

She phased through the closed door and felt the warmth of her own forcefield, sitting on Wanda's floor, grabbing the book from off of the bed.

She pulled it to her chest, holding it close. Wanda loved reading clichè stories like Romeo and Juliet.

"'Tis but thy name is my enemy. Thou art thyself, though not a Montague. What is a Montague? It is nor hand nor foot, nor arm nor face, nor any other part belonging to a man. O, be some other name? What is in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet."' Alexis read.

She then looked over to Wanda who seemed so focused.

"You really like this crap, huh?" Alexis raised her eyebrows.

"Of course I do. It's a love story. It also reminds me of something." Wanda replied.

"What?" Alexis asked.

"Us." Wanda answered.

"Us?" Alexis furrowed her eyebrows.

Wanda nodded. "You're a Stark, Pietro and I hated your dad for a long time, but just because you're a Stark, doesn't mean anything. Your last name could be...Romanoff like Natasha's and you'd still be Alexis. Just because we didn't like your father doesn't mean you are the same. Same thing with Romeo. Just because he's a Montague doesn't make him any less himself, so why should Juliet have to be his enemy when he's done nothing but love her. That is why she compares it to a rose. A rose would still be the same if we called it a...morning berry, it would just have a different name." Wanda explained.

Alexis smirked. "You've been talking to Vision a lot, huh?"

Wanda laughed. "Maybe a little."

Alexis smiled and pecked her cheek.

"This is why I love you. I'll continue, by the way, but only because of that awesome explanation."

"Good. I could listen to you read all day."

Alexis smiled and the two shared a kiss, before continuing the book.

There was a knock on Alexis's door and she stood up.

Sighing, she phased herself through the door and placed her hands on her hip.

"Hi, Steve." She greeted.

"Hey, Alexis. We're going to kill Thanos. Together."

"What?" Alexis furrowed her eyebrows.

"Well, you want the bastard gone, done you?" Steve raised his eyebrows.

Alexis nodded vigorously.

"Then come on. We're running out of time."

"Great. Let's go get this mother fucker."